Thursday, July 9, 2009

Indah khabar dari rasa

I am backkkk…. I am now officially working for my kids. They have been chasing for a new article tirelessly every day. Hence, apart from being their driver, their cook and their encyclopedia, I am also their writer. When I tell them that I got nothing to write about, they’d be more than happy to offer some ideas…but mostly ideas that are totally out of my radar. So here I am today fulfilling my duty to my kids to write.

I’ve been craving for doughnuts these couple of days. More specifically I wanted to try Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Normally, whenever I have the craving I’d drive to Sunway Pyramid to get some from jCo. We always prefer jCo than Big Apple. Back to the days before Malaysia was invaded with doughnuts attack (the days when Dunkin’ Donut was the only option available), I’ve heard so many testimonials from people who have tried Krispy Kreme overseas, my other half included. So, moi not being a savvy travelers, waited for Krispy Kreme to come to the Malaysian shores instead. And wait was what I did until yesterday.

I decided to drive to Mid Valley to get a couple dozen of the much awaited doughnuts. I always buy 2 dozens at a time, a dozen plain and a dozen of mix variety. Sadly to say, they disappoint me. It’s not as good that I thought it would be, too sweet and a bit too crispy to my liking – typical American doughnuts. My kids agreed too. We prefer jCo the best. But at least my curiosity is answered. No more driving all the way to Mid Valley for Krispy Kreme for me!

I say don’t believe everything you hear, read and see until you experience it for yourselves… Some things are "indah khabar dari rupa", in this case, "indah khabar dari rasa".

No comments:

Post a Comment