Sunday, January 16, 2011

Nana made Mama go banana

I'm in the mood to write, hence I'm gonna write another entry tonight.

My first daughter entered Primary 1 this year. I was all jittery a week before schools open. She was so cool but I on the other hand, was a nervous wreck. Nervous because I worried that she couldn't adapt to the school environment with over 400 students in Primary 1 alone (There are 10 Primary 1 classes of 40 or 41 students in her school!). Nervous because my girl doesn't know how to use squatting toilet (trust me, I'm not joking!) and she hates dirty toilet (she would rather hold her urine if the toilet is slightly dirty or even wet). Nervous because she's used to learning in English and now she has to learn in Bahasa. Nervous because she is so fragile and because she has to take school van to school.

To my surprise, merely a week after school starts she assimilated well into Primary 1 at the over-crowded school far better than I had expected. She used the school toilet on the fifth day of school. She even refuses to bring food to school for recess because she wants to buy food at the canteen. She hasn't complaints about school, yet. Alhamdulillah.

And when you pray for something, insyaAllah, Allah will show you the way. Alhamdulillah, a friend of mine offered to fetch Nana to and fro school. I couldn't express how much I am thankful for her offer. Thank you for the bottom of my heart Sue!!! I sleep better these days knowing that she doesn't have to walk out of school all by herself and find her van amidst a sea of people (you wouldn't believe the amount of students at her school and the number parents who crowd the school compound to fetch their children).

I can see her bright future. My girl is not that fragile after all. I see me in her. I know she could do great things in her life, just like I did *grin*.

I say we need to have more convictions on our own children. They could do far greater things than we could imagine. After all we are the ones rocking the cradle :-)

Nana during her first recess at school.


The sea of parents who came to see how their kids do during recess on the first day!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Nana!! next yr turn tasneem pulak masuk std one. suspen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud luck Wan. Memang suspen bila anak pompuan yang masuk sekolah. Time the boys dulu tak suspen pun. Pelik bebenor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Sis..selalunya silent reader jee....No hal jeee...!!Haaa kan time ain luu mmg suspen sangat,takut pon ada...tp this time zidane lol leh pulak cool...hehhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue!!!! Jasamu dikenang...hehehe. Tu la anak pompuan ni manja sangat, buat suspen jer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo Nana! Zuleikha still wants me to send her to school until she is 12. I was thinking till she is in 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mid! She loves school so much coz she could buy stuff at the canteen & school book shop. Even sekolah agama pun dia suka coz ada ramai new friends. I'm soooo relief! Alhamdulillah.
    If I were in your shoes, I'd want to send her to school too. Good exercise kan?

    ReplyDelete