Thursday, November 12, 2009

LAZY is my name

Of late I’ve been so darn lazy. Lazy to do just about anything - even to watch TV or go out shopping. I did not cook for the last few days, even when my parents were here to send my siblings off to Mecca. My parents even went out shopping for groceries for me - that’s how lazy I was, that bad huh? Lazy has been my middle name for the last 1 week or so.

My laziness seems to come whenever my hubby travels outstation for more than a week. He was supposed to be away for only 8 days but his visit to the godforsaken country is being extended to almost 2 weeks...*sigh*. My biggest problem now is him - a problem that can’t possibly be solved.

4 years ago when he was stationed in Shanghai for 2 months, I almost had a breakdown. I had a very demanding job (if having 13 projects at the same time is not demanding enough for anyone, I don’t know what else to say) and Ariana was only a year old then. I worked from 9am to 9pm every day – that’s 60hrs a week with peanut salary. Thanks God I came to my senses and left after only 6mths (and the person who inherited my projects gave 24hrs notice a day after I left!) I have felt what single mothers have to go through every day. It was both an exhausting and a lonesome 2 months for both of us. He came home more than 5kg lighter and gained it all back in less than a month. I am that good of a cook huh? I know, I can’t believe it either...

Another alternative explanation is I lack something new and refreshing in my life... like a new handbag or a new car and things yang sama waktu dengannya. In short, my laziness is caused by excessive boredom. I think I like this explanation so much better. It highly curable - all I need is ka-ching and problem solved!! Like Dak Wan suggested, one LV could boost energy level and increase productivity...I loike!

Back to the root cause, my excessive boredom could have been caused by the fact that I’ve got nothing much to do. I don’t have to do house work, I don’t socialize much and I’m not very mobile coz I have a baby who is very attached to me and kids to ferry to school from 7am to 6.30pm every day. Sometimes I wish that I’m working again. At least I have time for myself to do my own stuff (while earning fixed income to buy things on my own)...*triple sigh*.

Kerja salah, tak kerja pun salah...someone please slap me.

No comments:

Post a Comment