Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cuti!

These last couple of weeks I’ve been keeping myself busy enjoying the precious school holiday to the fullest. You won’t believe how happy I was when the school year ended. I think I’m way happier than the school kids themselves... muahaha!! The thought of not having to drive the kids to school from early morning to late evening and prepare lunch and dinner on time for school is really liberating indeed, more than you could ever imagined. Happy happy joy joy...

I’ve done a few projects since then, both good and bad *grin*. The most notable one was the second project rumah anak yatim with fellow tai-tais of Bukit Jelutong. A good neighbor of mine, Izza, did an outstanding job initiating a collection drive for the orphanage. We brought food supply and other necessities to the kids at Rumah Harmoni, Paya Jaras. This time I took my two boys with me to the orphanage so that they could see for themselves how lucky they are to still have parents to love, care and cherish them. It was heartbreaking to see how the kids have to look after themselves. A 5-year old girl has to care for her 3-year old brother, a girl just had a heart correction surgery yet there was no one to nurse her...sad isn’t it? Being in the state of unfortunate makes them mature fast, unlike my kids who still have to be fed, cleaned and bathed by the maid till they turn 6!

Anyway, I’ve also watched a movie during week day, went out with fellow tai-tais, had lunch with ex-colleague and lots more lah. In short, I’m having a vacation of my own...lalalalala. Talking about vacation, I have yet to plan any for this school holiday. In fact, I am not really looking forward to one this round. Why? Because (1) we have a huge problem with transportation. I hate having to travel in 2 cars (2) Sophie is getting naughtier by day. She’s giving us a hard time travelling long distance on land and I don’t think she’s ready for air travel yet. This little girl is a screamer and can’t sit still for more than 5 minutes (3) I have some writing jobs to finish before Christmas (4) Budget constraint. I’d love to take the kids overseas but my shallow pocket says an absolute NO to it *sigh, sigh and sigh again!*.

Oh, did I mention that we have 3 birthdays to celebrate this month? My 2 boys are celebrating their birthdays in December and yours truly too will be celebrating sweet 17th birthday mid of this month. OMG, 3 more years to the big 40!!!! *panic, seram & perasaan2 yang sewaktu dengannya*

No comments:

Post a Comment