Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What in the word?

I don’t know whether you are aware of the recent rave about the latest motor plate number in the WP of Kuala Lumpur - WTF. For the uninitiated, WTF is short for "What the F**k". Lots of friends joined in the craze by tendering for the number, even those who lived in the East Coast (and I’m sure they spend lots of hard earned monies to secure the plate number too). Tak percaya? Percayalah...

That got me into thinking, what makes people wanna have WTF in their car plate. What’s in the word or number for that matter? 4 years ago, I made my husband pay RM500 for my 1972 plate number that I love so much. If I were to get a new car again soon, I’d definitely ensure that it has a 1972 plate number too. Not that I love to let people know that I’m THAT old but the number carries great meaning to me. It was the year I was born into this world. What could be more significant than that? The year I reached puberty? got married? graduated? have kid? started working? (Oh by the way, in my life, these events are actually in chronological order, not your typical chain of event huh?) Na... I don’t think so. The year you were born is superlative.

But WTF, why?? Perhaps I’m not that initiated after all lah...somebody call 911!

No comments:

Post a Comment