Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nana is 6!

Mini me (she looks exactly like me!) celebrated her 6th birthday recently on 22nd Sept. Yup, in case you are wondering, both my girls were born in September. Wait! My boys were also born in the same month – December. Talk about planning ek? Bagus punya! I haven’t organized any ‘real’ birthday party for my girl ever since her first because her birthday has always fell either in puasa month or Raya week. This year, fortunately it falls in the second week of Raya. Hence, I could organize a small do at her school.

On the actual day of her birthday, we took her out for dinner and she chose Chilli’s (again!). Off we went to Empire Subang with the whole clan and after dinner we took her to Toy’r’Us. This year I decided to let her choose her own present. I told her she can pick ANYTHING she wants from the store, no restriction whatsoever (sounds like heaven for kids isn’t it?). Guess what, she picked a Playdoh set that only cost a fraction of the present that I would normally get her. This little girl sure knows how to save her parents money, bravo Ariana! I was actually trying to coax her to pick another item that I felt was more suitable as her birthday present but she was adamant on getting the Playdoh set. Well, I normally don’t allow Playdoh at home, hence it was a ‘present’ for her indeed.

Two days later, I organized a party at her kindergarten with her classmates. I ordered a mermaid cake (she likes Princess Ariel so much) especially for the celebration, fried some chicken nuggets and made mini 3-cheese pizzas. The cake was simply beautiful and she loves it. I’m delighted that she felt special that day. I have to admit that ever since Sophie came into the picture, she didn't get all the attentions she used to get when she was the only girl in the family. And it wasn’t easy having an adorable girl for a baby sister. All attentions seem to diverge to the younger one.

But one thing I adore about Nana is even though Sophie has taken away almost all the stars from her, she never hates her little sister. She loves her so so much and very protective of her baby sister, such a darling sister she is. Momma loves you darling...muahhhh!

Here is my not-so-little-anymore princess during her birthday celebration at school...




This little girl was also there to celebrate her kakak's birthday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment