Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sophie is 2!

My sweeety pie celebrated her 2nd birthday on 17/9. Sophia Amani was born via emergency c-section on Nuzul Quran 2008. I chose the name Sophia in honour of my late maternal grandmother who was my second mother. I miss my Tok sooo much *sob sob*

We were all looking forward to celebrate her birthday with makan-makan days before her birthday. I’ve been craving for Red Velvet Cake from Just Heavenly for a while hence I suggested Chilli’s BSC (so that I could get the yummylicious cake there, smart eh?). My kids love Chilli’s hence they get pretty excited and superbly happy (they actually shouted 'yeay' in the car) the minute I suggested the place...phewww! Should I pick the wrong place everyone would put on their long masam face I tell ya. My kids, especially the boys, are really particular when it comes to food. They would rather go hungry than dine at a place they don’t like. Trust me, I’m not exaggerating.

But, even an experience parent like moi (perasan teheheee!) makes mistake. I didn’t feed the birthday baby before we left the house. Hence, she threw tantrum all the way there until the food arrived on our table (yup she was that hungry and I was a mean mom). My first attempt at cutting the cake at the venue failed. She refused to cooperate and almost hit the cake with her bare hand. Nevermind I said, we’ll do another round of cake cutting at home. Owh, I made another major mistake - I requested for only 1 candle when in fact my girl was turning 2! In my defense (as usual I have to defense myself ler), I was coaxing a baby who kept screaming “nak mamam” when I was ordering the cake, so I couldn’t think straight *grin*. Good enough excuse? Yes, I think so...hehehe.

Once we reached home, dear hubby improvised by halving the candle (thank God for the smart hubby) and we sang her happy birthday enthusiastically (yes, really!). She was so so happy and kept clapping until we finish the song. The look on her face was, like MasterCard says it, priceless!

Here are some snapshots of my baby, my heartbeat, on her birthday. Momma loves you so much darling!

I wish she could stay this cute forever and ever...



All grown up! She's the only child that I 'raised' myself. The rest was practically 'raised' by the maids :-(

2 comments:

  1. hapy birthday sophia, zura anak i yg sofia pun i ambik semperna nama nyang i he he, her birthday is today .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biha. Happy birthday Sofia! Sure dapat present best.

    ReplyDelete