Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Raya Get-together at Micasa

It’s the time of the year again (no it's not what you think!), I hosted the 2nd annual IU9 girls Raya get-together recently at my humble abode. A week prior to the event I was down with very bad flu that kept me sleepless for days (in fact I’m still down with flu and severe cough as we speak). I was worried that I might not have the energy to cook and to entertain friends on the actual day. But, entertaining being my forte (I loike this statement!), I brave myself and got everything ready in time for the gathering, syukur Alhamdulillah.

Based on the learning outcomes from last year’s event, I set up 2 food stations – one for the ladies and 1 for the gentlemen, and arrange more chairs at the living room. I also prepared some finger food for the kids. It was so much easier this way but pity the hubbies coz they had to eat on the sofa whereas us ladies had the dining tables all for ourselves...hehehe. The bigger kids on the other hand had a party of their own upstairs – and there were 28 of them!

Thanks to friends who brought food for the day we had so much to eat and plenty of leftover too. It's always hard to eat as much when you keep chatting non-stop kan. But fret not there was an AJK to tapau the food, thank God! Otherwise, I wouldn't know what to do with the leftovers.

In addition to my nasi daging, Shikin brought laksa Penang, Wengky - fried angel hair pasta, Saf - bread pudding, Lin - Kuzi Ayam, Eika - kek lapis & super delicious choc cake, Shahar - swiss roll cake, Am - 3 types of homemade talam, Ezy (who came after everyone left) - ice cream and jelly, Wan - dates and drinks from Bahrain & Jaimy (I terforgot la). Thanks all!

Coming back to entertaining being my forte (teeheehee!), I actually love having friends and family at my house. I like the sense of the house being ‘alive’ with lotsa people in it making a lot of noise. But, to get lots of people like that is not easy. This event was almost cancelled at the last minute coz quite a number of couples couldn’t make it. But, thanks to those who could make it, it was a blast indeed! Till next year people...muahhhs.

The girls who came. It was great having all of you frens!




Upacara tapau-menapau



The husbands who are also from the same batch. I loike this...pandai cari jodoh kannn!


Some of the 28 kids who came with their parents. Some were having a party of their own upstairs. These are true IU9 kids coz both parents are IU9-ners :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment