Monday, November 22, 2010

Cuti sekolah datang lagi!

Horayyyy...it’s finally here again! I’m sure many moms like me rejoice at the arrival of the long awaited school holiday. Lotsa things are on my mind this school holiday, there are so many things I wanna do with the kids but unfortunately Mr. Provider aka the hubby has to be away (again and again and again) for at least 2 weeks in December, travelling to a godforsaken country. I say godforsaken because he’s travelling to, of all places in the world, Nigeria! The last time he was there about a year ago, his 8-day trip had to be extended to 15 days because things work in s l o w m o t i o n there. I’m praying hard that this 2-week trip would not be extended to 3. After the trip he’s supposed to be in Libya for another week. But I’m praying very hard that this trip will be postponed to next year...hihihi *evil laugh*.

So that left me with nothing much to plan. We can’t go holidaying without him, can we? After all he’s the paymaster! The only thing I look forward to is my trip back to my mom’s. InsyaAllah I’m going back with the kids (minus the kids’ father) mid of next week. We might stay there a little bit longer than usual as the person with work commitment is not joining us this time *sob sob sob*.

This long holiday would be Nana’s last before she embarks on a new chapter in her life – primary school. Next year she’ll be joining 39 other kids in her class. At the time I registered her at the school I was told there will be about (if my memory serves me right) 10 classes of P1. I wonder how would she survive amongst so many peers. But I have faith in her. I know she could do it! Mini Me is going to Primary 1. Time flies huh? Before I know it, I’ll be preparing for her wedding pulak. Can growing up please take a break?

We are also anxiously waiting for Dan’s PMR result come end December. Frankly, I’m not expecting the world from him. He only put 50% effort into it despite my endless nagging. I think I put more effort in praying for him than him studying *sigh*. I recited surah yassin twice a day when he was sitting for his PMR - once in the morning when he sat for his first paper and once in the afternoon when he sat for his 2nd; performed solat hajat; and countless doa. Anyway, PMR is not the end of the world but SPM is *momma in denial mode gittew*. I shall drill him to his last sweat from next year onwards. Be prepared my son, Momma will turn into a drill sergeant tak bertauliah come next year...ngeh3x.

The engineer-to-be Kyle is getting a 'severe' punishment this year. His results has been slipping over the year, although his class teacher assured me that he I have nothing to worry about (really?). I have decided (and managed to convince my hubby, who reluctantly agreed to it) not to give him a birthday present this year. I have taken away the 1 thing that he looks forward to every year – an expensive birthday present! I hope this shall serve him a lesson to remember for the rest of his life. I know that by doing so I will lose my popularity but I'm willing to take that risk before he becomes more and more complacent. Bak kata orang corporate, it's a calculated risk gittew, boleh?

This smarty-pants son never fail to forget his exams date, hence, never prepares for it. He would only remember that it’s tomorrow! Smart eh? If he had told me earlier I'd would have asked him to study much earlier too. Stick won’t do it for this boy anymore, the only option I have left is to take away his carrot. Let’s see whether it’ll work. I told him that from this year onwards he has to EARN his birthday present by bringing home good results. Owh, by the way, he’s result is not that bad actually he still got most As and a few Bs. But when I see his percentage keep dropping steadily, it’s time to alert the base. Houston we have a problem!

I say nurturing smart kids is hard. They know how to work their way around equally smart parents. Sabar sajalah labu...

2 comments:

  1. Salam cik zura lama tak dengar cerita. Selamat hari raya haji. Macam mana cut sekolah? Rumah I kucar kacir habis he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam Biha...tu la lama tak dengar berita kan. Menyibukkan diri dengan kerja yang tak habis2 lagi ni. Facebook pun buka sat sat saja la ni. Rumah I masih ok lagi pasai Nana masih sekolah minggu ni & yg. no 2 pun sekolah agama tak cuti...hehehe. Tapi nanti depa chemuih dok rumah jenuh I pening kepala nak atur program.

    ReplyDelete