Monday, November 15, 2010

My little rascal

Last week I spent 5 days as a ‘real’ homemaker when my maid was sent back to my mom’s. Needless to say, it was the busiest 5-day of my life. Entertaining a particular 26months old toddler (and 2 other young kids) while doing house chores and cooking (without a break) was a huge challenge for me indeed. I came to a conclusion that I am not made to be a housewife for life. Ah well, at least I’m heroic enough to admit that, LOL!

I just weaned Sophie off my breast a few days earlier hence she was still acting out which I presumed was her way to channel her frustration out for not being able to hold on to that one thing she felt most secure with. The day that I successfully weaned her off, she opted to sleep with my maid. And guess what, instead of celebrating, I found myself sleepless that night. I felt like I lost the connection with her. It is always the case when a mother stop breastfeeding her child. I remember vividly crying uncontrollably when I weaned off my firstborn. I cried like hell! My husband, on the other hand, was in celebration mode *grin*.

My baby has officially graduated from breastfeeding. Next is potty training, but this I foresee will be a bit tough. She refuses to use the toilet to pee or poop but she'd take her baby dolls to the toilet and put them on the toilet seat to 'yak'. I'm weighing whether or not to send her to Montessori next year, perhaps I should. She's already turning into a prima donna even at 2yo!

Busy reading the manual of her sister’s Melodian. Macam faham saja!



She was still jumping around before I went to the loo at way past midnight. Came out of the loo 3 minutes later and saw her sleeping on the floor like this.


Don’t underestimate her size for she could make a hell lot of mess. This is how she eats her snack, a little goes into her mouth and most are thrown onto the floor. Once she finish eating, she'd throw EVERYTHING onto the floor including the water bottle (I'm not kidding here peeps!). I had backache cleaning up after her all day long for 5 days. Her fav eating spot is on top of the kitchen island. High chair is only for babies she said.


Fishing at our indoor courtyard. A couple of minutes later, she threw the fishing rod into the water coz she was too mad she didn’t catch any. Typical type A personality.



Give her a pen, she'll turn into a tattoo artist! Look at the pictures below...yes, she drew on her own hand. Owh, she's also a great graffiti artist. My walls (and my floors too) are covered with her 'masterpieces' *sigh*.



But, how could you be mad when she gives you this look, rascal or not?


I say as we aged, our passion towards certain things including disciplining your younger brood may diminish with it...or it is just me? Hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment