Monday, August 2, 2010

The axis of evil

Not taking your bath for days, forgetting to eat and not getting enough sleep lately? If you have these symptoms, you are addicted to Facebook. Pheww...that’s all I can say. I’m not an addict hurray!

There was a very interesting article in NST yesterday, Sunday spotlight section, page 12, about a newly found mental health disorder – Facebook Addiction Disorder (FAD). In specific, “it’s a brain disorder as a result of neurochemical dysfunction where normal behavior becomes abnormal”, comprende? *acik blur kejap*

My two elder kids have their own FB account but they are only allowed to use FB during weekends. Thank God that I’m home all the time, hence, I could really enforce this rule at home. If I was away working full time, I know there is no stopping them from indulging themselves with the internet 24/7. Kids will be kids. I hope and pray to God that mine won’t turn into internet addicts. We’ll never know what they will find and see in the internet. If I could turn back the time and change 1 thing for the good of mankind, I’d destroy the internet. I’m not kidding y’all, it’s the mother of all evil. Last few days, TV3 interviewed some kids who were involved in free sex and they claimed that it was the internet that has got them started. Need I say more?

For people who are no longer in the kids category like moi *ehem ehem* internet may have more advantages in terms of seeking knowledge. It makes it easier for us to access information. These days, when I feel like cooking something but don’t know how to, I just google-ed and voila! And this is just some of the many good examples. But it has also reported to turn some people’s world upside down. I wish to reiterate this again - internet is the axis of evil!

Moving on to Facebook. I have to admit that Facebook has its good and bad. If you’ve been following my blog from the very beginning you’ll notice that I have said nothing but praises about Mark Zuckerberg. Thanks to him I have managed to trace long lost friends and keep in touch with friends from across the globe. Thanks to him too I’ve met many interesting people whom I now call friends. I have also learned a thing or two from FB – learned new recipes, learned new doa, gained new facts about our religion that I didn’t know before, learned that there is a cheaper way to shop *smiling away* and lots more. Two thumbs up for FB!

But, like everything else in this world, good thing always come with its drawbacks – just like sugar and spice. Over the years, I came to find that FB could be an agent of destruction too. I am going to say something that is so unlike me – here it goes...perhaps this is one of the Jewish agendas, memutuskan silaturrahim sesama ummat Islam & meruntuhkan ukhwah. They have been very successful thus far. Two thumbs up Mr. Zuckerberge! I am determined *God help me* to use less of FB from now on. The keyword here is LESS, not stopping altogether okay – I’m too drowned into it to stop - now I know why it’s so hard for smokers to quit smoking *gulp*. I vow to be an FB tegar no more. So friends, if you don’t see me in FB often, it’s not because I don’t care, I still love all of you the same okay...muahhss.

Meet Mark Zuckerberge, a young and (obviously) smart Jewish man who founded Facebook while attending Harvard. He is currently the youngest billionaire in the world with a net worth of USD4billion, all thanks to FB...and all of us too. We helped made this guy rich!


I say the pen is mightier than the sword, or rather in these days and time, the keyboard is mightier than the sword. Wallahuwa'lam.

No comments:

Post a Comment