Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kyle Harris is 10!

Last weekend we celebrated Kyle’s 10th birthday. I do not wish lie by saying that I didn’t feel guilty with the ‘no birthday present’ punishment. I did, really bad. Nonetheless, being a strict mom that I am, I must stick to my decision. But I told him that if he could bring home very good result in the first semester exams, I’d make it up to him. He’ll get that expensive toy he’s been eyeing for. I'm not that evil after all kan.

We celebrated his birthday a day earlier on Saturday as we had a family commitment that we can’t get out of (a kenduri that we MUST attend on my hubby’s side) on his birthday. As usual, he picked Chilli’s (again and again). And after the kenduri on Sunday, we had another celebration at home. I baked a cake for him (my first ever homemade birthday cake y'all!). He loves vanilla and chocolate cake. Hence, moi being a very resourceful mom gittew (LOL!), baked a vanilla caked with chocolate frosting, smart eh? Bought some pizzas and voila we had a small party at home.

My homemade birthday cake...


The birthday boy and his cake


Kyle Harris, at 10 years old, is heavier than me by a good 10kg. I bet in a few months time, he’ll be taller than me too. He used to be able to fit into my t-shirts. Now, they are too small for him. His front teeth are no longer too big for him. They were when he was 9. His dimples have started to disappear because he has grown so chubby over the years. He hates local food. His favourite food is Italian, anything Italian, but mac and cheese in particular (opps, this is American right?). He loves guns, weaponry, cars and everything related to army and weapons of mass destruction. Loves sciences documentaries, Chuck Norris and iCarly (iCarly comes as a shock to me. Such a sharp contrast from all his other favorites). He wants to be an engineer, one that involves weaponry. Seldom missed his prayers and often the one who’d remind his brother to pray. But most importantly, he doesn't realize how smart he is yet.

Happy 10th birthday Kyle Harris! May you grow up menjadi anak yang soleh, berjaya di dunia dan akhirat, dan kepada agama, bangsa dan negara, insyaAllah. I love you with all my hearts son.

2 comments:

  1. Insyaallah Zura, Happy Birthday Kyle Harris. Semua ibu mahu anaknya menjadi yg terbaikkan.

    ReplyDelete