Sunday, December 19, 2010

When life gives you lemon

My dear hubby left for another long biz trip early this morning and somehow today I feel so ‘empty’ and lonely (please take note that this is NOT statement beli jiwa taww). The house suddenly feels so quiet and lifeless even when all the kids are around. I miss him terribly and it’s not even 24 hours yet! Why lah? Is it weather? Yes, let’s blame it on the cold and gloomy weather...ngeeee.

I’m counting down to so many things as we speak – PMR results will be announced in exactly 4 days *dup dap dup dap*, Nana’s first day in Primary1 in about 3 weeks time *double dup dap dup dap* and moi going back to work a week after that *gulp*. I still can’t believe that I’m going back to WORK soon (somebody pinch me please!).

I have to admit that though I feel sad that I will have significantly less time to spend with my kiddos – Brilliant Big D who will be sitting for his possibly life-changing exams in 2 years time, smarty-pants Kyle who is going through a clueless phase, my closeted smart girl Nana, and especially my Terrible Two who is in the ‘I-don’t-wanna-put-on-my-diaper-but-don’t-wanna-pee-in-the-toilet’ phase – I actually look forward to working again. My heart is actually bursting with excitement. Weird huh? I honestly hope that this doesn’t make me a bad mom.

I recently told someone close to me that when life gives you lemon, you make lemonades. Make the best of what you have instead of complaining about it. I say, my lemonade is in progress and I hope it’ll be a sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment