Sunday, February 20, 2011

1-800-CALL MAMA

On Thursday, as I was driving home at 7pm, I got a call from Nana asking whether she could attend her friend’s birthday party over the weekend. The conversation went on for quite a while as I was asking her where the party is going to be held bla bla bla. Fyi, she doesn’t know where it will be held yet but insisted on going nevertheless. So I told her to ask her friend at school the next day.

After I hung up, I realized that it was perhaps the 8th call I received from home that day. They - my kids - would call every day asking and reporting about anything and everything under the sun in real time, no exception whatsoever. The first call would come at 11am every day without fail from Nana and this would go on until I reach home late in the evening. Even the little sweat Pea would also want to say something over the phone, in her own alien language of course.

On top of phone calls, I also received numerous text messages from the kids. The top sms sender is Kyle. He’d send sms asking just about anything from a meaning of a word he just came across or asking for help with his homework. Just the other say he sent me an sms asking for the meaning of the word ‘blacklisted’. Curious, I immediately call wanting to know why, and much to my relief he came across the word on TV...phew! For once I thought I got blacklisted for doing something against the law!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I now officially operate a hotline. Call mama whenever you are in doubt! Hahaha. Admittedly, I do get annoyed sometimes but most of the times they make me laugh. They made my day with their calls. This whole non-stop phone call business makes me feel like I am the single most important person on earth. I honestly hope that they’d never stop calling, forever and ever okay! Keep the calls coming kiddos.

I say (not that it’s a contest) mothers always win hands down. There’s a reason why the first word is always ‘ma ma’.

No comments:

Post a Comment