Sunday, February 27, 2011

Adventure? Perhaps not.

I was reading some friends’ blog and was amazed to read how they seem to really enjoy life. Impromptu trips to God know where, makan2 at places unheard of (I have a friend who would make a day trip to JB just for the sake of having itik panggang!), riding on superbike across the country, horse riding in the jungle, supper in the middle of the night, breakfast so early in the morning...you get the idea, right? That certainly got me thinking that my life lacks adventure...sigh!

My life, to say the least, is just plain ordinary. Is it me, is it the husband or is age catching up too fast? The closest I get to adventure is writing in my blog in my bed while watching a movie and sipping a cup of iced Nescafe! What a pathetic life I have huh? Hey, I don’t even go to spa...hahaha. That was my last year’s resolution isn’t it – to visit spa once a month?

These days I get tired easily. To go out for supper in the middle of the night is unthinkable. My clock stops at 11pm. I take nap in the afternoon (OMG, I’m turning into my mom!). To go for an impromptu trip out of town is almost impossible for us, I have four kids, one of them as you know it, is an active toddler (who by the way screams at everything) - to get a family of 6+1 on the go without a proper plan is...how do I word this...crazy. To leave them behind is not my style. My conscience would kill what little joy I shall have...double sigh! Oh please don’t make me start on superbike and horse riding, but makan2 at godforsaken place...now that I can handle. But where do I start? My usual makan place is either at 1U, Empire, Subang Parade dan kawasan2 yang sewaktu dengannya...triple sigh! I need help here peeps.

I say let’s take it one day at a time. As for now, I am happy with my seemingly non-adventurous life. I therefore conclude that I shall stick to what’s familiar, or should I start taking vitamin supplements? Hurmmmm...perhaps I should.

2 comments:

  1. Zura, if you call your life pathetic, I don't know what to call mine. I have much less of your less. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid. I'm sure yours is way more adventurous than mine! By virtue of you living in a foreign land is like the most extreme adventure one could ever have :-)

    ReplyDelete