Friday, February 20, 2009

It's a throat infection!

Boy was I wrong!!! Sophie is not teething, she has throat infection. My so-called motherly instinct is totally out this time. Her fever didn't subside after 2 days of medication and I decided to take her to her pediatrician (did I get the spelling right?). The trip to the doctor was actually another first for me. It was the first time I went to the doctor alone with my baby. I never did that with my other kids. Well, after 4 kids I guess I can do anything-lah. Mama boleh!

This baby is really one of a kind. I delivered her via emergency c-section, she was in breach position. She was already in the correct position and her head was in fact has engaged halfway. However, in the last minute she decided that she didn't want to come out of my womb through that narrow birth canal. Hence, she turned head up the day my contraction started - a highly unlikely scenario, according to my OBGYN. So I was rushed to the OT for immediate C-section. The damage - RM10K.

To make matters worst, I had full blown chicken pox a day after I had her. Dr. Musa, being very cautious of Sophie's fragile condition, isolated her in a ward all by herself for 7 days and gave her some anti-viral medicine to prevent her from getting the infection from me. Only my husband was allowed to see her, everyone else was barred. I nearly went into depression during that 7 long days. I can now empathise with mothers who had stillbirth, although I didn't actually have one. That 7 agonising days was really difficult. I cried and cried when I thought of her. Additional damage - RM3K. All in all, the cost to take her home was RM13K.

On top of this, my maid just went back to Indonesia for 1.5 month break 3 days before my labour. My mom can't stay to help out and my in-law too had better things to do. It was Ramadhan, just had c-section, had full blown chicken pox (you won't believe the size of the chicken pox), with 3 school-going kids to manage - all with absolutely no help at home. Can you beat that?

I went to hell and came back! No more babies for me please, thank you...

No comments:

Post a Comment