Friday, September 4, 2009

19 years later (part 2)

(I would like to credit Wan Mazwan aka mamarazzi for the picture. Nanti kena saman pulak!)

I recently met up with friends whom I last met 19 years ago. All thanks to FaceBook! It’s wonderful isn’t it? Being able to catch up and reminisce about the good old days again after so long.

I got a call from the most popular person in FB (almost a celebrity mind you), Wan Mazwan - who just came back from Bahrain for a long holiday - on Thursday morning asking whether I could meet her and Liza for lunch that day. My mind was going wild trying to figure out how to make it with having to pick up my son from school at 1.50pm. So I thought I had no choice but be there late. It was too late to make arrangement for Daniel to tumpang one of his friends home.

After I performed my motherly duty, I sped to Putrajaya at full speed, thanks to my hubby who provided me with a reliable car (ehemm bila nak tukar kereta baru?). I maintained speed between 140-160km/hr and made it to Putrajaya in 15mins! It was a record. I once drove from KLIA to Sri Damansara in less than 30 minutes speeding at 190km/hr on the highway. It was exciting; I could feel the adrenalin rushing in my system.

Anyway, back to the micro reunion, nothing much has changed – both still look as young and beautiful as they were 19 years ago. Wan’s humor is as refreshing as ever. You cannot possibly go bored talking to this chirpy lady. Liza really excudes a charm of a successful corporate lady – I’m so proud of you girl!

We ate and chat for hours in the restaurant that we lost track of time – it flew so fast with so many things to catch up! But I had to bid good bye and take my leave as I needed to pick up my son my school. It was so so so much fun meeting the two of them. We should do this more often people!

I say it’s wonderfull being able to meet up with old friends and make new ones. Friends make our lives more rewarding, fulfilling and animated. I love you people!!

2 comments:

  1. dear

    how could i possibly saman you for putting up our sweeeeettt photo (according to shikin la kann) in your esteemed blog nih. but referring me as one of the most popular persons on FB is definitely misleading larrrrrr!! watch out, u might get sued by someone else! anyway, you're right about meeting up old friends. it creates such a wonderful feeling. we have to do it often, u said that right.

    muahss

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh betol lah tu, i bet if we were to conduct a survey on FB, you'd end up in top 10 la my dear...not misleading you know. People purposely take MC and leave to meet you, don't play play ah.

    ReplyDelete