Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Work, work and more work!

OMG right after Raya I've been given more and more work! Just as I was finishing up Taylor's job, I have another from Harley-Davidson and now another potential - UNICEF...urghh! There goes my Raya mood.

It's kinda hard to adjust the brain to working mode again after a very long (and very fattening) break. Despite my lack of interest to work I have to force myself to sit in my office (while resisting the temptation to log on to facebook and to blog very very hard indeed!) and at least pretend to work. Having had to go in and out of the house to fetch the kids to and from schools doesn't help either. It makes me super tired! How lah?

But the good thing is I feel good that I am working again. The fact that I am helping my husband making ends meet makes me feel 'useful' and no longer 'wasted'. What can I say, I am an isteri mithali...muahahaha.

Anyway, on a different subject I've been viewing friends Raya photos on Facebook and I envy some of them because I don't have single nice photo to put up...really, not even one. How sad is that? When it comes to photo department, I always fail miserably. I promised myself to conduct a photo session this weekend in our complete Raya gear. Please pray for me that it'd materialise. I need to carefully devise a plan to make it happen, Domino's pizza might just do the trick.

Speaking about Raya, I have spent the last 11 days of my Raya holiday eating from morning to night. I had rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner, sometimes in between too. Cakes and cookies in between meals and gallons of sweet drinks. My pants are all tight when I came back home. But frankly, I couldn't care less, what is Raya without eating, right? Raya = makan.

OK break's over, I have to go back to work now...sob sob sob.

I say a good wife is always ever willing to help the husband in every way possible. Not sure about those who are willing to share the husband with other women though (in lights of the recent polygamy club fuss). Me? Honestly, I would rather be dead!

2 comments:

  1. Work, work and no play make a boring Zura. Haha J/K eh?
    With all those works in line surely you can afford at one or two handbags.
    It's great feeling to be earning your own money instead of receiving hand-out eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ala Mid, being a freelancer, the pay is not that good, not to mention payment lambat dapat. That handbag is far from affordable with my meager salary. But, you are absolutely right about feeling great to be earning my own income again. It's very liberating!

    All work and no play is sure NO fun... :(

    ReplyDelete