Monday, February 1, 2010

Eat, gossip and be merry

In the last couple of weeks I have indulged myself in so many makan-makan activities – monthly kutu gathering, pot luck as well as dinner and birthday parties. I tummy has once again ballooned like a 3 months old pregnant woman, not a pretty sight I tell ya! This month is my turn to host makan-makan for the monthly kutu gathering (oh yes, I play kutu with fellow tai-tais of Bukit Jelutong). I can’t wait really. Of late I love having friends over for makan-makan at my place. I personally find cooking for friends a joy – what can I say, I love to feed people!

I wanted to prepare nasi daging or nasi minyak for the makan-makan during the CNY week but due to popular demand I was asked to cook laksa Kedah instead, easy peasy. Hmmm, what else should I prepare? I think bread pudding would go well with the laksa, don’t you think?

Back to kutu, I participate in this so-called money pool activity for the fun of it and most importantly for socializing above anything else. I’ve made a few very nice friends along the way – friends who are like an encyclopedia when it comes to makan and shopping! I loikeeeeee... The rule is every month the person whose turn is to get the moolah has to have makan-makan either at her own place or at some eateries. This monthly gathering is really a hit coz we get to gossip and eat for hours like nobody’s business. It’s fun I tell ya!

My kutu gang


On a slightly unrelated matter, my hubby would be celebrating his 38th birthday next month. 2 more years to the big 40...kwang kwang kwang. I think I should plan for makan-makan with some old friends to celebrate his birthday. Never done it before but it’s something that I should consider doing, don’t you think? Of late he’s been asking me to learn how to cook nasi dagang, one of his many favourite foods. I’m not a fan of nasi dagang, hence I’m not so keen on this one. I find the nasi too hard and the curry too bland for my taste – ikan tongkol? pleaseeee... Sorry sayang, can I pass on this one?

I say makan-makan is a universal activity that keeps friends and family together. When you eat, you chat and you’ll be merry...I super loikee this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment