Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What a day!

Oh what a day today. At noon I met with an accident on my way to pick up Nana from school. It wasn’t my fault but somehow I pity the 2 college boys who hit my car. Seeing them with cuts really made me feel so bad although I was the victim. I bet if a man was driving my car, the boys would be yelled at with such profanity and foul language.

This is what distinguishes between a man and a woman. When our motherly instinct kicks in, we empathize and we reason better. Unlike someone in my household who had his blood ran up the ceiling when MBSA cut the tree outside our home recently without prior notice. He went out chasing the MBSA people wanted to scream at them. I said, it’s just a tree…chill down. It’s not the end of the world.

Back to the unfortunate event, this is how it went - I was slowing down and signaled to make a right turn. Upon cornering slowly and I must also say cautiously, I heard a loud bang on the right side of my car. I saw 2 well-dressed young men on a motorbike who just hit my car. Upon impact they swerved and fell onto the road. I immediately stopped, abandoned my car on the road side and rushed to see their condition. It didn’t even cross my mind to check my car - human first, car later. One had some cuts on his arm and one hurt his ankle. I offered to take them to the clinic but they declined because they are due to present their projects in class. I offered them money so that they could go and see doctor after class, they turned it down too. They apologized, assured me that they’d be fine (because I kept insisting that we see a doctor) and left for class. I still feel bad till now...sigh. Hopefully they’d be fine, insyaAllah.

After this unlucky incident, I heard some good news about Nana (got some Ying and Yang going today). I bumped into her teacher at school and she asked whether Ariana is practicing her reading at home. To which I replied NO because we are still going through the alphabets with her every night. The teacher laughed and said that there is no need to do so, she knows the alphabet and she could actually READ already! She’s actually been reading books in class!! This comes as a huge surprise to me. At home she puts on her blur looks, pretending to be clueless and gave us the impression that she doesn’t even know the alphabets. Mana tau that she could already read! The teacher again told me that Ariana is exceptionally good in math.

I don’t know what to say or think. All I can say is this is a perfect example of an extreme middle child syndrome – she could be a really good case study. If she was an actress, she’d have won the Best Actress award - a smart child pretending to be clueless for the sake of getting her parents’ attention. Can you beat that?

Another good news (actually today is not such a bad day after all), later in the evening as I was playing with Sophie, I asked her about her Dada’s whereabouts. She happily pointed outside and answered “WORK”. I couldn’t be happier! Another word in her dictionary…woohooo. This really made my day.

Oh in my attempt not to upset my hubby when he sees the dent later, I made cucur keria from scratch today. It’s time for me to take a shower and prepare teh tarik in time for him to arrive home. Wish me luck people!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are OK.
    Haha. I forgot we drive on the left in Msia. Because I was like, right turn and still being hit on the right, they must be in bicycle lane. Hehe. Now I got it.
    And how is the kuih keria faring? You are so nice. I would still be lying on the sofa mending my head. Hehe. I am sure he is just glad you are OK.
    Two thumbs up for the two angels. :-) One is very cunning tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mid.
    I'm absolutely fine but but someone's pocket will have a big hole soon. The dent is quite bad :-O But the cucur keria saves my day. He didn't say much but he did mention that he'd have scolded and ask money from the boys instead of offering them some...haha

    ReplyDelete