Monday, March 1, 2010

To cherish and to love...

After a few failed attempts to get tickets, I finally get to watch Valentine’s Day with my darling hubby yesterday. It was such a romantic and heartwarming movie that I shed tears a few time – I’m woman enough to admit it...ahah! By the way, I should’ve planned ahead and brought tissue but I didn’t and had to wipe my tears with my blouse...not a very pretty sight I tell ya! It is this kind of movies that reminds us about the meaning of true love and devotion and the value of understanding in a relationship (marriage to be exact). Although I acknowledge that the stories could ONLY happen in movies, yet I can’t help but feel how lucky I am to have found the love of my life - other half of me, my husband.

Therefore today, instead of complaining about him, I have decided to say nothing but praises about the man I love the most – the man who by the way keeps threatening to ‘delete’ my beloved farm in FarmVille! But I still love him with all my heart and soul nevertheless.

He will be celebrating his 38th birthday this month, unfortunately his birthday falls in what could be the most important month for him work-wise plus my bro-in-law, who is also the youngest in the family, is getting engaged during his birthday week too. There goes my big plan for his birthday...sigh!

He has started travelling again yesterday after staying put in Malaysia since December last year. This is the man who is solely responsible for building CGA business from literally zero to hundreds of millions of USD worldwide for the company he works for (obviously I’m doing some free advertising for him here...hehehe). He definitely deserves much better from the company...but an Asian can’t be too demanding. It’s not in our culture, right? Nevertheless, he commands a rather huge salary package, thanks to moi who insisted that he demands for a better package not once but twice years back before he accepted the offer (remember, behind every successful man there is an incredibly smart wife...ngeh ngeh ngeh). But it never seems enough, with that kind of salary he could actually afford to buy me not just 1 but 2 LVs every month, take me on overseas vacation every other month and buy me a brand new Mini. I suppose with great salary comes great debt! Kwang, kwang, kwangggggg...(I'm NOT complaining here).

Yet, at home still washes his own plate although I insist that the maid will do that, make his own drink (and for me too), prepare his own breakfast, take care of the kids especially the young ones and help the kids with their homework when he’s home. He is also a handyman, a pool boy (somehow when I wrote this the image of pool boy portrayed in the Hollywood movies keeps flashing in my head...yummylicious! Please ignore me, this is a desperate housewife talking!), an electrician, a chauffeur and now the official family photographer too. Could I be luckier? I say definitely NOT...but on second thought if I had David Beckham or Brad Pitt for a husband may be YES...hehehehehe (again, I'm NOT complaining)

Anyway back on a serious note, a friend of a friend who recently lost her husband said to not take each other for granted. We often say this when it was already too late, don't you agree? A friend who recently lost his wife in an accident said he felt like it was a dream. One minute his wife was sitting next to him in his car and next he was burying her. I can’t even begin to imagine how they feel deep inside to lose their loved ones. I think I could be temporarily insane or rather choose to live in denial for as long as I could. Can you imagine losing your spouse? The person whom you shared your lives with for the last say...15 years, the person whom you sleep next to, share your secrets and your passions with - in short the person who knows you better than anyone else in the whole wide world? I can’t!!!

We must remind ourselves to cherish, to love and not to take each other for granted while we still have the luxury of having our loved ones around. The same goes for our parents, siblings, kids, friends, etc.

Now back to the movie, when the handsome gentleman (whom I forgot his name) asked Julia Robert, who sat next to him on a 14-hr flight, “Are you on Facebook?” I found it to be both very entertaining and worrisome at the same time. My husband has befriended a few people (sadly, women included too) whom he met during his travels and keep in touch through FB...hmmmmmmmmm. I could only guess that he asks the same question to the person who sit next to him on a long flight. What can I say, can’t live without it, can’t live with it! (by 'it' I mean Facebook!). Didn't I say that I'm only gonna sing praises about him? Ah well...sikit2 complain ok la tuh kan.

I say one should not be too trusting. We must leave some rooms for doubts...sesungguhnya manusia adalah bukan Nabi (also NOT complaining, just merely stating the obvious).

Disclaimer: Artikel ini adalah tidak mempunyai unsur-unsur menunjuk atau buruk sangka. Ia hanyalah merupakan luahan hati seorang isteri yang ditulis dengan penuhhhh kasih sayang.

No comments:

Post a Comment