Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Game over alright!

My FarmVille days are officially over and done with. I have reached the max level of the game about a week ago, much to my hubby’s relief. I am actually happy that I finally completed the game. I don’t think that I’ve ever played anything until I actually finished it, ever. I’m impressed with myself. Bravo Azura!

With game over in FarmVille, I find myself less hook on FB. I no longer feel the need and the urgency to get online every minute of the day. I am happy to note that I open the most visited social networking site much less these days. It’s about time for me to focus on other things, job hunting for example...hahaha. Some of you might wonder about my job hunting progress ever since I completed my resume a month ago. The truth is I am so darn lazy to look, I mean REALLY look for a job. Right now my only wish is for someone to come and hunt my head...LOL! You could say that my action is more like ‘melepas batuk di tangga’. Furthermore, there are not that many jobs available out there that really fit what I envisioned to be at this stage of my life. I don’t wanna settle for kuli job anymore, I want to lead a dynamic team and MUST be somewhere within 25km radius from my home...ngeeeee. If I can’t find a suitable position, I’d rather stay at home. I’ve made up my mind on that. Acik cita-cita tinggi mak oooi yet wanna be close to home too...camno tu?

Instead, I’ve been focusing more efforts in the kitchen lately. Of late lotsa good stuffs have been produced in my kitchen. Food stuff that I never thought I could prepare myself before. My hubby said that I have successfully eliminated the need for us to eat out coz everything we eat outside can now be prepared at home. He has since gained more weight too, to the point that he asked me to help him by not cooking! He said I should go back to work because when I work I don’t cook, hence he could lose some weight. If you were in my shoes, how would you respond to that? I don’t know la...

Owhhh, I have also stopped taking writing & editing jobs for 1 reason and 1 reason only – super late payment. When I do my jobs I really put all my efforts into it. Most of the time I work till the wee hours, did extra research, etc., all at my own expense. When you give your 100% but the other party doesn't give their 100% commitment for payment, over time it becomes kinda frustrating. I’m still waiting for payment for 3 previous jobs (1 of those completed in September last year, can you believe it?) amounting to more than 5K. I think I’m done being a freelance writer. Game over!

I say you give and you take but when you give more and take less it’s certainly not a healthy equation...

No comments:

Post a Comment