Tuesday, March 2, 2010

When enough is enough

Human being being human being could only take certain matters to certain extend (whoaaa I sound a bit confusing here). One could only take so much criticism, betrayal, humiliation, pain and even compliments. One of my siblings is going through this rough patch career-wise which inspires me to write this article. Once enough is enough it’s time to let go and move on. But when is enough, enough?

Take labour pain for example, for some once she can’t take it anymore, it’s time to ask for epidural (some are even better prepared and asked for epidural beforehand, bravo!). All it takes is just one injection (with such a huge needle) then the pain will go away almost instantly. But for some who has higher pain threshold will just swallow the pain till the baby arrived and the pain will go away in an instance too. I used to be the type that would swallow away the pain and hope for it to go away naturally. But not till recently.

I had my fair share of humiliation and not being appreciated in my career before. Sometimes I can’t help but feel that it all boils down to skin colour when you work in certain organizations. The last time I felt that I had enough, I left with when my dignity and self-esteem are still intact. There is absolutely no point of putting up with such behavior and rotting inside for other’s sake.

Speaking based on someone else’s experience, how would you feel after dedicating more than 15 years of your life to serving and helping others prosper and make millions but to be treated like rubbish at the end? I say stop, don’t look back and the hell with them. They can go straight to hell if they want. I say what goes around comes around, what goes up must come down. It’s the law of gravity. One day they will be at the receiving ends like us and they’ll get their fair share of pain and humiliation too. Allah maha kaya.

Back to my question of when is enough, enough? I say the only person who knows the answer is you. Much like labour pain, you can have high, low or no pain threshold at all. For me, I say I have enough when you say something else but your action speaks differently. Allahuakbar!

3 comments:

  1. dear zura

    being in a rat race, even if we are winning, we are still a rat! so they say..dangg...enough is enough la...biar tak kaya la janji hati senang. jgn biar org perkotak katikkan kita eh :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more, dah nama pun rat race kan. But, when we have to make ends meet, kenalah pandai-pandai jadi rat yang cerdik to survive amongst the elephants. Not everyone can afford NOT to be in the rat race :-( Like me boss dah call for SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rat is dead tired of the race, of never winning, even when she is ahead. Not appreciated, being taken for granted are still okay. Can live with that BUT I say it's enough! at humiliation and name callings...

    ReplyDelete