Monday, March 29, 2010

Quest for flawless complexion (part 5)

My quest for flawless complexion continues. This time with SKII. I have completed a round of 10 treatments with New York Skin a couple of weeks ago. If that was a test, I’d say I didn’t graduate with flying colours. I merely met the passing mark. Yes I did see result from the treatment but based on my judgment the result didn’t quantify the amount I spent at all. Yet they kept pestering me to go for another so-called more intensive round. Not in this life time sista! I’m not that gullible you know...

Hence, on Friday I dragged my hubby to Parkson to get a brand new skin care range – SKII. I have started using it ever since. These days my 15 minutes ‘bersiap’ time has been extended to 30 minutes thanks to 5 types of products to apply on my face. Getting ready for bed also takes another 30 minute thanks to all sort of product to apply. What I like the most is the soothing and lingering smell of the products. It was quite a change from using fragrance-free products half of my life to products that smell like flowers. Quite a refreshing change I’d say. Love it.

With the new journey with SKII, I have tried 4 different types of products for my skin in the past – Clinique, AG2000, Dermalogica & New York Skin, all without much help. If SKII also failed to restore my skin, I don’t know what else to do...perhaps I just need to live with my pigmentation for life. I must try very hard to love it lorrr...boleh kah? Or should I ask for God’s intervention? I actually thought of including that in my prayers, but somehow I felt that it’s quite selfish to pray for flawless skin in my doa, don’t you think so? Or should I? Acik confuse la pulak...

I say ujian dari Allah comes in so many ways. Of health and wealth, it’s safe to say wealth is the heaviest test/burden one could have from God. You get closer to God when you are sick, but would you remember Him when you are filthy rich? Wallahuwa’lam...

No comments:

Post a Comment