Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Therapy for the tired soul

I woke up this morning with an urge to spend some money (I can’t help it, I’m a woman remember...we are born to shop! Blame it on the gender pleaseeee). Actually I’ve been shopping almost every day this week, but mostly groceries that I don’t need...ngeh ngeh ngeh

By 8.30am I was all dress up and raring to go. Luckily shopping malls in Malaysia open at 10am otherwise I’d have started my shopping excursion as early as 9am today. But the trick was I only had 2 hours to shop coz I gotta pick up Nana from school at half past noon. Hence, I had to make it a quick one – shopping while brisk walking! Good for your health and your pocket too - coz you won’t spend as much as you are in a hurry. But then again, it could also work against you as you won’t have ample time to think whether you have enough moolah to pay for your purchases later. Nevertheless, I super loike this activity.

First stop was Ikea. I came out about an hour later with a trolley load of stuff that I can definitely live without. Not satisfied yet, next stop was Ikano. I went to Brands Outlet to shop for apparels for my two princesses after a quick pit stop to eat - I was too hungry to shop. Came out about an hour later with a huge bag full of apparels for my girls. If you like shopping for branded items at a really good bargain especially for young kids up to 5years old, I highly recommend this place. I shop for out of season apparels for my girls to wear at home at this place. It has turned to my fav place to shop these days. I could shop here every week I tell ya.

Came back just in time to pick up nana from school (while committing a few traffic offences along the way)...phewww. I am such a happy woman today! Food, SPA, manicure and what not may work for some women, but shopping for stuff I DON’T need really work for me. It’s such a superb therapy for the tired soul. Remember this, a happy wife makes a happy home...and you’ll never know what a happy woman can do to her man…hi hi hi hi hi *sambil mengilai seperti pontianak*

School holiday is coming next week. I shall have another 1-week break yahoooooo!!! But my dear hubby is travelling during the school break. So, no short gateway this time too...*sigh*. His different-country-every week routine has started again. Ahhh well...never mind, if I ever feel bored I shall embark on a few more retail rounds – therapy for the tired and may I add, lonely soul too...wheeeeee!

On a topic related to shopping (of a different scale), I have decided that I don’t like Mini Cooper anymore (not that I’m planning to get a new car ya!). I hopped into a friend’s Mini recently and it wasn’t as comfortable and as smooth ride as I thought it would be; or may be the driver is not a very good driver (hihihi...jangan mareee tokey cupcakes). Perhaps I expect too highly of it. I have decided that if I ever needed (fyi, the want is always there, just waiting for the need to come) to change my car, I want an upgrade of my current ride - my second best friend for the last 4.5 years. The 9year old machine still drives like new and never once failed me when it comes to speeding and on the road performance – way to go babeh!! [Note to hubby: please take mental note of this statement for future planning]

I say once you found something that makes you happy, you should not stop yourselves from enjoying it to the fullest. Just make sure that you don't go overboard. A happy mother makes a happy family, a happy wife makes a happy home, a happy woman makes an even happier man...take my words for it, my hubby would certainly agree with me on the last point *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment