Monday, February 1, 2010

Paparazzi in da house

I am so amazed to see how my husband gets super excited about his brand new hobby – photography. A hobby that I was supposed to take up, not him. I wanted to get myself a DSLR for quite a while after seeing so many friends into photography these days. I thought that it might be something that I could take up in my spare time, but I couldn’t be more wrong. Once I got hold of one (courtesy of my darling hubby) and seeing how complicated it could be, I ditched it almost immediately. Photography is definitely not my cup of tea. Moi is a very simple woman, collecting handbags suits me better...hihihi.

So…my hubby (supposedly) picked up the pieces and started indulging himself in photography. 2 months later, he is in love with it and has since changed his camera to a higher spec model *sigh...there goes my Gucci!*. This fella is now even dreaming to turn professional one day (God help our family!). He even started blogging to show off his photos in hope to make some money out of it too...I’m crossing my fingers hoping that it would be a reality too *grin*. Who knows may be it could finance my hobby one day...hehehe. Check out his photoblog http://fnaharimages.blogspot.com

These days, he eats and sleeps photography. He even comes home early after work to perfect his photography skill. My house is now filled with magazines about photography (and mind you these imported mags are not cheap yah!); he invests in the accessories a hell lot (am I entitled to complain here?), carries his bulky equipment almost everywhere and my daughters and the nature are his full time models. Well, at least photography is a cheaper hobby than biking and less time consuming than fishing and golfing...I guess I should encourage him huh?

I say taking up a hobby may not be as good as people say it is, it could be damaging too. Expensive hobbies could drain your pockets, time consuming hobbies could take you away from your loved ones and dangerous hobbies could kill you. So take your pick. Me? I’ll stick to writing lah in this case...

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I could laugh w you because my DH is exactly the same. I told him once I need a new camera and a DSLR would be better.Then I changed my mind knowing how bulky the thingy is and I would love sth tht I can have w me all the time. The thing is if we want to buy sth, he wouldn't just go and buy but rather digg up info, test reports and wht have you to find out more abt it.
    Two days after he bought me a point and shoot camera, he got his first DSLR. Thank god, not the expensive one. Since then, he has been talking about SLR and photography. Different type of lenses etc etc.Books and mag too. He even asked if I want my own SLR (just the body) so, tht would be more reason for him to buy those expensive lenses under the pretext of we could share. Hehe.
    Yesterday, Zuleikha said to him that he was playing w his "toys" while having dinner, because he has a remote for his camera and been taking pics of us. Grrr
    I told him I want the Olympus-EP2 and he has been sending info and reports abt it. *Sigh* if I say yes, we'll never go balik kampung again. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...Mid I feel you!

    These days my hubby spends most of his time surfing the internet and ebay on top of taking pix. But like I said, it's better than biking which would cost us arms and legs. He's been eyeing a Harley for quite a while but thank God photography came along the way...phewww.

    ReplyDelete