Thursday, October 14, 2010

A day off to smell the roses

I’m all rev up to work today. Can’t wait to finish the last 2 chapters by today and next week shall be dedicated to fine tuning the copies and editing...woohoo!!

I took a day off yesterday – no work was done at all. During the first half of the day, I went out with my galfriend to get consultation from Dermatologist for my skin condition (I’ll come back to this later) and went looking for a piece of furniture and all around town (fruitlessly I may add, but it was really FUN though); and later in the evening took the kids out for some shopping and dinner. I woke up today feeling so refreshed & recharged with a renewed motivation all over again to finish my work...woot! woot!

So, the secret is to spend some money to get motivated all over again huh? Mr. Hubby, let’s pray that Mr. Motivation would not go astray too frequently, okay.

Now back to my skin. Yesterday, for the first time I visited a Dermatologist (finally!) to get consultation for my melasma. As I had expected, I was advised that for condition as severe as mine there is NO other treatment but laser and chemical peeling that could help lighten it. The cost proposed is not as expensive as that proposed by New York Skin (which was a whopping RM15,800!) but nonetheless it’s still expensive for moi *sob sob*. Each laser treatment would cost RM800 (and I was recommended to undergo 5 of this *gulp*), and chemical peel @RM600 each *double gulp *. The Doctor also recommended some cream to apply day & night as well as sun screen. The only good news is the cream proposed by the doctor is a lot cheaper than SKII...phewww!

I have decided to visit a few more clinics to see whether I can get the treatments at a cheaper cost (must do my homework first ok!) coz I know for sure that Mr. hubby is not willing to part with that much moolah just to make his wife look beautiful again...ngeeee! I'm pretty sure that when I presented the case to him (he's coming back from Guilin tonight), he'd most probably say "just use a good foundation, it'd cover up the dark spot." As he says, I always look pretty in his eyes (ayat cover line gittew). Don't know whether I'm lucky or unlucky...

On a different subject, Sophie had a jolly good time during our outing last night. Over the last few months, she has developed into a friendly and very talkative young toddler. Tak takut orang punya ini budak. Last night, she even had some adoring ‘fans’ who went to the extent to take her picture...LOL! By the way, she was wearing her sunnies in a shopping mall at night...hurmmmm. She definitely didn’t get that from me.

I say, don’t be too hard on yourself. Go out and smell the roses. You’ll be surprise at how a small act of appreciating yourself would enrich your Chi. I love myself.
[Note to hubby: remember, a happy wife makes a happy home.]

No comments:

Post a Comment