Friday, October 8, 2010

Online purchase anyone?

Given the speed of trade globalization, the convenience of internet excess and the wonders of Facebook, many entrepreneurs wannabe have reaped the benefits of modern technology and started doing online business. Almost everything under the sun, from apparels, handbags, potteries, lingerie, accessories, cakes to furniture and lots more are available online. There are literally thousands of internet entrepreneurs making full use of Facebook and blogspot. And like thousands other Facebook users, I too have fallen into this online purchase trap (more precisely, terjebak!).

To date, I’ve purchased a pair of baju kurung, a “Laura Ashley” dress for my girl and a blouse for myself. And guess what, the saying “what you see is not always what you get” best explains my experience with online purchase. I vow to never buy anything online ever again, seriously! I don’t mind paying more for peace of mind than pay less and get crap.

Baju kurung – the quality wasn’t as good, though the price is darn cheap for a pair of baju kurung like that. The quality of sewing particularly, is really bad. Nonetheless, to buy a pair of heavily beaded baju kurung at RM150 is unbeatable in term of price. It’s so so cheap. I just wish the manufacturer would pay a little bit more attention on the quality of sewing. But then again, you can’t expect much from a RM150 baju. Hence, this one is forgivable lah. The next time I want to purchase baju from her again, I’d rather take a little extra effort to go to her house and hand pick the baju instead, like I did the first time.

“Laura Ashley” dress – the online seller claimed that it was a Laura Ashley dress for girl. I bought it at RM61 including postage fee and it was couriered down all the way from Kuantan. One look at it I know for sure it’s not from Laura Ashley. You can dupe a makcik kampong but not me okay!

Korean blouse – my latest purchase. This one really pissed me off. It looks so pretty in the picture (on a very pretty model) but when I got it through Pos Laju, the quality is worse than those you can get from pasar malam. I’m not joking or exaggerating, it is really bad to the power of 1000! Although I paid only RM39 for it, I felt really cheated. A blouse like that could easily be bought at pasar malam at a much cheaper price. I don’t think that I’d ever wear the blouse in this lifetime...grrrrr. I think if I were to pass down the blouse to my maid, she too wouldn’t want to wear it. Yes, it's that bad...percayalah!

In short, I’ve learned my lesson, not once but thrice. No more online shopping for moi thank you.

I say, seeing is believing. Nothing beats the sense of sight, touch and smell. Allah jadikan mata untuk melihat, telinga untuk mendengar, hidung untuk menghidu, tangan untuk memegang dan kaki untuk berjalan...

2 comments:

  1. I love this entry. Because I shop online. Hehe It's so easy here plus we have the law here that really protect the buyers but, bad for the sellers esp if the buyers are not serious. We can return back the items bought within 14 days. You don't have to give any reason at all, tho you have to fill in some form.
    We have been loyal customers of Amazon since years. And lately I started buying songs there. (Shhh shouldn't tell hubby coz he thinks buying song in mp3 is a rip off). Wht's the point of buying CD if you are not sure ALL the songs are good kan?
    I also buy apparels online esp. for Zuleikha because of the return policy. OK not shoes because sbb kedai kasut dekat. Hehe. Buy med. also online pharmacy simply because it's much cheaper.

    IKEA now also has online shopping. Gonna buy sth for Zuleikha but we have looked in the store of course.
    And now they introduce groceries online. Still very sceptical about it tho.

    Thank you for posting this entry. No wonder my fingers are itchy. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid, I guess buyers in the West are more protected than us in Asia, esp. Malaya ni. Lucky you! But soon you'll never leave the house LOL! Jangan Mid!

    ReplyDelete