Friday, October 29, 2010

My Hijrah

I walk out my door today a different person. It took me my whole life (and that’s almost 38 years) to prepare for this day, the day of my hijrah. I walk the earth today a different woman I hope, a huge milestone towards a better me insyaAllah. I pray to Allah to keep guiding me to be a better Muslim. "Ya Allah ya Tuhanku, kuatkanlah imanku dan terangkanlah hatiku untuk terus menuju ke jalan-Mu ya Allah."

My journey towards my hijrah started on the first day of Ramadhan. The passing of my brother was a big revelation too. I kept saying that his death has left a huge impact on me in many of my previous posts. Even my husband couldn’t understand how the event has affected me as a person. Seeing a very close family member being buried was a real eye-opener for me. Life is short indeed. We don’t come and go into this world according to chronological order. Setiap yang hidup pasti akan mati (nak jadi ustazah jap boleh?), it’s only a matter of WHEN.

The magnitude of sacrifices a woman has to make in order to wear hijab might not be so easily comprehended by those who have covered their head their entire life (and for men too). It’s not just merely covering your head with a piece of cloth, it’s a total change of lifestyle altogether. I’m sure many could relate to me on this one. I waited for this day to come my whole life, and it finally came calling today...Alhamdulillah. And I hope it’s here to stay for the rest of my life.

My husband jokingly said "next trip kita balik kampung Mak boleh buat kenduri" ...hahaha funny.

I say we shouldn't wait for something to fall out of the sky to show us the way, for it may never come. If you are lucky you may stumble on something that would finally hit you but most of the time you’d need to find ‘it’ yourselves, wallahuwa’lam.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your hijrah. :-) I have been thinking about it lately, too and I hope I get my calling too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mid. My hubby is the happiest person on earth now. I hope that I won't be the case of "now you see it, now you don't". I have a mountain of dugaan nak di tempuh after this...please pray for me. I shall pray that your calling would come soon too, insyaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats sis...insyallah u will...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue. Preparing myself for the many dugaan after this...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Mid, believe it or not I haven't taken a single pic of me in my new 'image'! Plus, I'm so not in the mood to write these few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alhamdullillah, just got the chance to browse through your blog whilst in office. Today, I simply malas nak kerja after a long day yesterday plus my boss is on leave hahaha.

    Semoga Allah permudahkan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shikin! InsyaAllah.

    Boss tak der boleh la raya jap. I used to do that too dulu2 hehehe.

    ReplyDelete