Friday, May 1, 2009

Men are from mars, women are from venus (part 1)

Have you ever feel tired of having to repeat yourself over and over again? I do. I have to do it every single day. What I said either didn’t register in his brain or he simply wasn’t listening (and I am saying this with so much love in my heart baby!). The ‘he’ that I am referring to is none other than the man I love the most, my husband. He is suffering from short term memory failure.

This got me thinking whether the problem actually lies in him or me? Either he needs to start taking B-Complex supplement or what I say is just not important enough for him to remember. I forgive him though for he has way too many things to remember work-wise and loads of work-related global issues to think of every day (and work is vital. No work, no money!). I am writing this post not to complain about his forgetfulness (although in a way, yes) but to reflect how men and women differ in thinking.

I would like to think that I have a very good memory and to a certain extend, quite sharp (this is a case of 'masuk bakul angkat sendiri'). I seldom forget things especially those that matters to me the most. I even remember what he and I wore on our first date and every little detail about my kids growing up. He, on the other hand, can’t even remember what I wore this morning, and sometimes even got the kids names mix up. I definitely don’t think he could survive having lots of kids or have more than 1 wife (you know what I mean. Praise to God!).

These little things may seem petty and trivial to men, but to women it matters a great deal. It shows that you care - care enough to remember, care enough to notice, care enough to appreciate all the little things that we do. I may not speak for all women but I think many would agree with me on this.

It’s actually very much like rewards system with the kids. They do good things, they get rewarded. The more rewards they get, the more good they do. We should be rewarded to. Sometimes a simple compliment might just do it. It’s good enough to keep us going, don’t you agree? In my case, not having to repeat what I say all the time is good enough for me. It'll make me a lot happier. A happier wife certainly makes a man's live much easier, isn't it? So honey, B-complex it is then.

On a different note, it took me a bit longer to write this post. It seems like it’s getting tougher for me to update my blogs these days with Sophie demanding for more and more attention. I can’t wait for the day she becomes less dependent and can play on her own. Come to think of it, I haven’t watched a movie (in a cinema) in ages. Heck, I can’t even remember the last time I went to a cinema (sigh), oh dear… Help, I desperately need to get a (more fun) life!

No comments:

Post a Comment