Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What's writing mom?

I am under tremendous pressure today. My sons, Harris particularly, keep asking me to write a new post in my blog rather relentlessly. I promised them that I shall write one today. Sophie is taking her nap and lunch is being prepared by my maid as I am penning this article. I am keeping my promise to write something today. Let’s see…I shall start with some updates about the kids:

Of late, Daniel has been quite serious about losing his weight. He’s been cycling to school every day, a good 3 km to and fro, been playing football/futsal every evening and eating a bit less. I could actually see him getting slimmer by day (and darker by day too). Bravo my son! I am attending Hari Kecemerlangan at his school tomorrow. He’s being awarded for finishing 3rd in last year’s overall exams results. Well done! Last week, yet another one of his friends thinks that I am young. He thought that I was 30!!! Happy happy joy joy….

I am sending my little couch potato, Kyle Harris, to swimming class commencing this Saturday. I desperately want him to be a little bit more active. He lacks physical activities at home. He’s been refusing to go out and play for months and keeping himself indoor to play games and watch TV. If this continues, he’ll turn obese in no time. But first they will screen him to gauge whether he is suitable for the class. I am praying very hard that he will be accepted. I am sending Ariana for the class too. For Ariana, it’s more for health reason. She’s asthmatic; I was told that swimming is good for kids with asthma.

Ariana went on her first filed trip for this year yesterday (her 3rd since last year). My husband sent her off before he left for the office. I remember when Daniel and Harris had their field trip, both my husband and I were so excited and made a point to see them leave in the bus and waved good bye. With the third kid, we can’t seem to be bothered much. Yesterday, my husband met a few eager parents (you can tell that they are first timers, geared with camera, video cam and the excited look). Some even took a day off from work to see their kindergartners leave for their field trip. Frankly, yesterday was just another day for me. Another perfect example of the evolution of mothers.

Sophie is exactly 7 months and 12 days today. She’s not yet crawling but moving on her stomach quite efficiently. She can sit unassisted and it’s only a matter of time before she could sit on her own. No tooth yet although her gum has been swollen for quite a while now. She started to like playing with her big sis but her dislikes towards her big bro Danny seems to stay. I was approached by a talent scout a couple of months ago. They wanted me to consider Sophie for TV commercial. Not for me thank you, I am just too lazy to spend a whole day on set. I have been indirectly involved in TV commercial in my past job, so I know how tough it will be, particularly when you deal with babies.

Me, I recently got hooked on a Malay drama series entitled “Gelora di Hati Sara” starring Rosham Nor and Fauziah Latif. It’s actually a rerun. I didn’t watch it the first time when it was aired on TV1. I am not the type that likes to watch Malay drama/ movie but this one is top of the class. Rosham Nor in his element. I love this guy, he’s really a good actor.

My dream to get a minivan is shattered. My hubby and I have unanimously decided that we shall not get one soon. With the recently increased interest rate and the economic uncertainty, we feel that it is for our best interest that we do not make any big purchase yet. We have actually decided on an Estima but the thought of having another big car loan really makes us anxious. It’s better to be safe than sorry in time like this. Meanwhile, we have to make do with what we have.

I have been rather bored lately, bored to death. With no freelance jobs coming in, I feel rather wasted. Hence the low self esteem. The boredom is affecting my brain as well. I am sure that you can tell from the quality of this article. It lacks umph… I've got nothing else to say my friends. Chio!

No comments:

Post a Comment