Sunday, April 26, 2009

"A kid in a toy store"

It’s been a week since I last updated my blog. My sons have been asking me every day whether I wrote a new post in my blog. I have a new number 1 fan now – Kyle Harris, my second son. He loves reading the articles particularly when I write about my kids. I have since realized that my blog has become a fantastic way for me to tell them stories about my past. They love reading it. Kyle Harris can read the posts over and over again every day.

Nothing interesting happened in the last week, hence, the long absence. Furthermore, I was kind of lazy lately. I was too lazy to do just about anything. I didn’t leave the house except for sending my kids to school. I cooked the simplest dish for lunch, and we ate out for dinner every day last week. When Sophie took her nap, I napped too. In short, I lack motivation and desperately need something to boost my self esteem - a real job might do the trick I think.

My parents left for umrah (small pilgrimage) on Friday with my sister and my youngest brother. I pray for their safe return and hope their journey in the Holy land is without a hurdle. I hope my turn will come soon.

Yesterday, I went on a little shopping excursion with hubby. We did make the little trip to Starhill to shop for a handbag and thereafter did more shopping at The Pavilion. My self esteem skyrocketed after I got the handbag, way up the ceiling!

On Friday, I did my homework by browsing the internet to survey the handbags. I only want a particular brand, hence, it was rather effortless. I saw the handbag that I like, took note of the size and the name (so that I won’t look stupid in the boutique). That night I was so excited about it that I couldn’t sleep (really!). I finally fell asleep at about 3am. This is what happen when you only buy a handbag once every other year. But the wait is totally worth it. It makes it all the more exciting. Back in the days when I used to buy different brands, buying handbags more than once a year was not as thrilling as this.

That reminds me of the field trips during my school days. I used to look forward to it and got so excited that I couldn’t sleep a day before. That was how I felt on Friday night. The excitement of getting a new handbag really got into me. When I first stepped into the boutique exactly 2 years ago in Champs-Élysées, I was literally jumping with joy. I went from corner to corner checking out the bags and was totally unaware about everything else. I think even if Brad Pit was standing next to me, I wouldn’t have noticed him or care less. I love the bags more. After we left the boutique with a new handbag and a purse, my husband said that I was like a kid in a toy store in there. Yesterday, I was like a kid in a candy store, if I could I want to take all of them home. Instead of getting the bag that I planned to get, I went for a bigger one instead. I am a one very happy woman…yuhooo!

I actually like another handbag (like is actually an understatement, LOVE is more like it!). The name is the bag is Mahina L. The price tag is in the 5 figures, so you know what I mean when I say it’s a dream bag. Needless to say it will remain a dream for a very long time, unless someone out there wants to get me one. By the way, I like it in black or cocoa…do you need my address too?

No comments:

Post a Comment