Thursday, April 2, 2009

Time for a minivan

I am at a crossroad where I desperately need a huge MPV or a minivan. With 4 kids and a maid, travelling in a sedan car is absolutely impossible. Yes, I am still driving a sedan car and my hubby too is still driving a 2-row 4WD. Funny eh? 4 years ago when we decided to get a new car to replace the old one, I wanted to get a 3-row MPV, a Toyota Wish to be exact. However, my beloved hubby was adamant to get a car that he's been wanting to get for a very long time. Being an obliging wife, I gave in. This was a rare occasion where my veto didn't work...sigh.

So now, 4 years later, we are facing a huge problem travelling. And I can't emphasise enough that we need a really huge car that can sit 7 passengers comfortably. I'm eyeing a new Estima or an Alphard as another alternative.

These days there are many varieties of MPVs that look impressive enough to be a house on the move for people with deep pockets. Gone were the days where Nissan Vannette and the likes were used as family transportation. It has been reduced to a van for contractors, handyman and small business owners. If it is still used as a family van, it'd be a much cheaper alternative.

I wish that I have the means to get one right now. Somehow, in the past, other things always come first, a bigger place to live, vacations and what not. Now, with only one income, we really have to think 10 times. First, we need to sell one car. And to do that during an economic downturn, chances are very very slim. So, we are pretty much stuck with our two 2-row cars.

Any mothers with more than 1 kid would know that travelling with kids in a car is closed to being in a nightmare, especially during long journey. More so when travelling in a cramped car. They will fight for their own space. And it would be a never ending story no matter how much you tell them off. Sometime, I just pretended to be deaf and hope they'll fall asleep fast. Only then I can enjoy the journey.

I can only hope that the next time we travel long distance, it'll be in a minivan. Insya-Allah...

No comments:

Post a Comment