Thursday, May 13, 2010

At peace with my decision

I have never been so sure in my life until today. I have turned down 2 job offers (that I was offered, not applied to) in less than a month. I know that if I were to accept either one of the jobs I’ll be miserable again – the old me will resurface, a monster mom & a terrible wife! At this stage of my life, I am no longer “ambitious”. Although I knew that if I were to accept the offer all my financial woes will be solved instantly. But money is no longer the driving factor, my kids are. I am so happy that I am strong enough to turn down the last offer in particular, despite it being so tempting. In my heart I know that I’ve made the right decision...insyaAllah. May Allah continue to guide my way.

In the meantime, I couldn't be happier with the status quo - a freelancer, a sexy domestic goddess (just need to say this to make me feel better! I feel better already hihihi) to my husband and a devoted mother to my kids.

I say there will be time when everything shall not revolve around you and you only. It rotates around a much bigger sphere – there’s you then your significant other, your kids and your parents. Every decision you make will affect everyone in your big bubble...wallahuwa’lam.

2 comments:

  1. Zura, insyaallah u dah buat keputusan yg terbaik untuk anak2 u .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Biha, hopefully macam tu la insyaAllah...

    ReplyDelete