Monday, May 17, 2010

Quest for flawless complexion (part 6 - SKII)

It has been almost 2 months since I’ve started using SKII. I’ve been using a combination of the following products as ‘prescribed’ by the beauty advisor:
1) Facial Treatment Cleanser
2) Whitening Source Clear Lotion
3) Facial Treatment Essence (aka Miracle Water)
4) Cellumination Essence
5) Cellumination Deep Surge
6) Whitening Mask

My skin showed remarkable results in the first month that even my mom-in-law noticed the change and complimented me on my skin’s progress. BUT sadly my joy was short lived. Right after I started my swimming lesson my skin once again metamorphosed for the worst. The 3 huge patches on both sides of my cheek and on my forehead have become more pronounced now. Chlorine + the sun = a deadly combination for me (I found an extra strength sun block with 130SPF, even that too failed to protect my skin). It’s so severe that I feel so embarrassed to leave the comfort of my home and to meet people. On Sunday I bumped into an ex-colleague at Empire Subang and as I was chatting with her I felt the urge to cover my entire head with a brown paper bag so that she doesn’t have to see my face as we talk. Seriously, I feel like hiding from the rest of the world!

Hence, despite my busy schedule (yes, although it may be hard to believe for some, I am BUSY okay!) I finally did some research on pigmentation (it’s about time huh?). My condition is called Melasma – a type of pigmentation triggered by pregnancy hormone. Melasma starts to appear during pregnancy and becomes more apparent after the baby is born. Some even said that it’s related to breastfeeding too but was strongly challenged by some quarters, especially by the advocates of breastfeeding, due to lack of scientific evidence. Based on online expert advice, the recommended treatment for condition as severe as mine is laser therapy. I concur with this as I also don’t think that any amount of cream could save me now. And guess what, the cost of laser therapy is a hell lot less than that proposed by New York Skin...phewww! Nasib baik ahkak tak terjebak you ols...

Should I go for it? I say yes indeed! Nonetheless, I am waiting for my swimming lesson to be over and done with before I seriously look into this. It won’t be long now, I have about 4 weeks to go (I’m having 2 classes a week to speed up the learning process) before I would be a certified swimmer...woohoooo!!

I say, next to marrying my beloved hubby, having my kids are the best thing I’ve done (although scientists claimed being pregnant with them are the cause of my severe skin condition, kids please take note!), breastfeeding them is the best gift I could ever give to each one of them (although that could have contributed as well, kids please take note too!) and taking swimming lesson is perhaps the biggest fear I've overcome thus far (although this is a major culprit too). These are all parts and parcels of life. If laser treatment also failed me, so be it. Akan ku hadapi dunia dengan penuh semangat waja...yakin boleh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment