Monday, May 10, 2010

Hello, my name is Tetek

It’s official, my lil' Pea-ka-pot calls me by not Mama or Mommy but “Tetek”. She used to call me Mama but somehow over time it has evolved to Tetek. I guess in a funny way when she sees me she only see my teteks more than anything else...wahaha. The funniest thing is she has a doll that could say “Papa, Mama”; when she plays with it, she’d call out her own version by saying “Papa, Tetek”...funny eh? She refers me as Tetek even when she plays with her doll...LOL! Well that’s my little one-of-a-kind baby who by the way still converses in her own funny alien language at 20 months.

I am actually hoping (haven’t come to the planning stage yet though) for a short gateway (which I so desperately need) in July to celebrate my anniversary but looking at how things are going with this little girl, I am having serious doubts that it could materialize...sigh! This is what happened when a child has never been separated from his/her mother since birth for more than 8 hours. I didn’t have this problem with my other kids when I was still working full time. One thing I know for sure, if I were to leave her at home overnight I would have nightmares! I don’t think I could survive a night without my lil' princess by my side and vice versa...how lah? We are both so attached to each other, especially during bedtime.

Speaking of work, I have to swallow my words this time. I have taken some writing & editing jobs recently. I once said that it’s game over for me for my freelance job, but I realize that I could use the extra money and put my leisure time to a much better use than out berpoya-poya all the time...ngeee. Hence, I’ll be busy busy busy for the next few weeks, more work means less cooking and outing for yours truly – which is good for my darling hubby. Less cooking may translate to less weight gain for him and less outing means less moolah spent :-)

I say time is money - you either make or waste money every minute of the day. I wonder what else I could do to generate income in my spare time rather than spend money that I don’t have. Should I reconsider going back to work full time? Perhaps I should...

No comments:

Post a Comment