Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 1 – the long journey to destination

We left home at bout 9am on Monday morning after I’ve given instructions and various assignments to my maid who was to stay at home with my sister, on what to do during our absence, i.e. in another words I didn’t want her to goyang kaki while we were vacationing (what a mean employer I am huh? hihihi).

We had breakfast at home before we left but merely 5 mins after the journey started (i.e. about 15 mins after breakfast) my boys were already asking for snacks. They claimed that they were ‘hungry’. Now you know why my boys are as big as they are. Other than that, it was a considerably smooth journey with less than expected fights (among the kids I mean) along the way. And thank God for the DVD player, otherwise Nana would have asked “are we there yet?” every 5 minutes...phewww! We reached the destination alive at 2pm. My strategy worked y’all, bravo momma!

A couple of hours after we checked in we played at the beach under the wonderful weather and then on took a short dip in the pool (that was swamped with people!). I love the beach so much that I found it rather strange to see people prefer the pool than the open sea. [Note: if you are the type that would jump into the pool fully clothed in t-shift and track, this is the place to go. Proper swimming attire is not required there]

For the first time ever, Sophie enjoyed a dip in the sea. During previously trips she has always refused to get into the water and opt to just play with the sand. I love watching her play at the beach and enjoying her ‘swim’ in the shallow sea water. My baby is almost a big girl now, yeay! The dip in the pool was not as fun though. Water was milky and there were way wayyyyy too many human beings there.

Cik Pea playing at the beach


She's too cute to post just one pix


My 3 younger kids playing together. A very rare sight indeed.


Mini me loves the beach too but too scared of the water


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment