Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 2 – unexpected discovery of a gem

At noon after breakfast at the hotel, we left for Kuala Terengganu. The 135km journey took almost 1.5hours! All thanks to slow moving vehicles (esp. those bearing Pahang plate numbers, I’m not kidding here peeps) and the many traffic lights along the way. I think if I had counted the number of traffic lights along the 135km journey, it’d come up to no less than 50 I tell ya, seriously!

We made a stop at Noor Arfa Batik and had lunch at the lovely restaurant at its compound aptly called Lapar Lapar Kopitiam (I was really hungry coz I only had a soft bun for breakfast). The place is located right at the brink of the Kuala Terengganu River. It was such a nice place that I didn’t mind the slow service. Food was reasonably priced and ambience was superb. I would certainly recommend this place if you don’t mind the slow service.

Lunchie @Lapar Lapar Kopitiam. Nice place, love it!




Next destination was Pasar Payang – a not-to-missed place in K. Terengganu. I never missed this place every time I was in KT. I simply love it, once a kampong girl always a kampong girl huh? On the way back we passed by a road side stall selling keropok lekor. We decided to stop by at the place because there were quite a large number of customers there. The rule of thumb is - you’ll never go wrong when you follow the crowd. We got it spot on this time. The keropok lekor we bought from Gerai Keropok Lekor 007 just off the Kuala Terengganu town is THE BEST I’ve ever had in my entire life. I think I ate almost a kg of the keropok lekor...super yummeh! And that was my dinner that day. It was really GOOOOOOOOD. The next time you are in KT, try to look for this place. It’s certainly worth the effort, I guarantee that. Too bad I didn’t take any picture of the stall, it was raining heavily.

Owh, we ran into old uni friends there too - Nana & Idlan who just came back from Pulau Kapas. Such a small world we live in, isn't it?

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment