Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 4 – the loooong journey home

Again we started our day late as usual. Had breakfast at the hotel and decided not to do anything before check-out. For the first time ever, I did not ask for late check-out. It has always been my policy to ask for early check-in and late check-out whenever we go for a holiday (we must strive to stretch our money to the max okay). But staying at this hotel makes me opt not to. There was nothing much to look forward to anymore after day 3. We checked out at noon and embarked on our home sweet home journey.

On the way home I decided to buy some keropok lekor. If KT was only a few minutes drive from Awana, I’d have driven back there to get some from Gerai Keropok Lekor 007. But 1.5hours is such a luxury of time for us (if I was driving a Ferrari or at least an X6, I wouldn’t mind the 1.5hrs drive hihihi), hence we decided to get some on the way back. I was told to look for Gerai Keropok Lekor Hassan in orange colour (thanks to tips from Nana Idlan). Unfortunately I heard the instruction wrongly and we went around driving in Kuala Kemaman area looking for the stall. We found it at last (after we have given up and bought keropok from other stall instead) just after we crossed the Pahang borders. Despite the earlier purchase, we stopped to get some from Hassan. The verdict: it’s almost as good as 007 but 007 is still da bomb I tell ya. Next to the stall we found Satar so good (and super cheap too) that we would definitely buy again the next time we’re there.

For lunch we decided to stop at Pak Su Seafood Restaurant at Beserah, Kuantan. It was scorching hot there that I got more sunburn *mega sigh*. Their quality maintained after these years but the place is now infested with flies. I don’t remember having to dine in the company of flies the last time I was there. We even had to change table in order to eat in peace. They should do something about it lah...Pok Su, please look into it!

That’s the end of our 4 days vacation. The verdict: We shouldn't have traveled without the maid ever! Spending 4 days traveling without her has definitely taken all the energy out of me. I definitely need a break and another vacation!

Some of the pictures of the beach captured by my dear hubby. Nice, I loikee!


He woke up very early every morning and walked along the shores alone to watch the sunrise. I was sound asleep :-)


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment