Friday, June 18, 2010

Cuti2 Malaysia @Terengganu

Like it or not school holiday is here again and like I’ve said many times before, parents have an obligation to fulfill i.e. taking the kids out on a vacation. Strangely enough even my 20mths old toddler loves staying at a hotel. I guess kids generally enjoy the change of environment once in a while. But unfortunately for my hubby and I, my kids are not exactly budget travelers...sigh! I wonder who to blame for this particular not-so-pocket-friendly development...hehehehehe (please take note that this definitely NOT an admission of guilt okay!)

I just came back from a 4 days 3 nights vacation in Terengganu - Awana Kijal to be exact. In a gist, all I could say is it doesn’t live up to the expectation as a 5-star resort at all, not even a tiny little bit! I’d recommend Tanjung Jara instead - superb place, outstanding service and good food. I have high respect for YTL hospitality.

Day 0 to Travelling without the maid

For this round, due to some unforeseen circumstances we have to leave our maid behind albeit my very heavy heart. To prepare for the worst, I did everything that I foresee would help make the trip stress-free for me with 4 young kids, who by the way can never get along with each other, in tow. Otherwise, like a friend said, I’d need a vacation after a vacation to recover from the first one!

A day before the trip, I bought junk food and snacks (get this) worth over RM250 (I purchased all types of snacks there is and all type of drink there is too. Unbelievable huh?), a Sony portable DVD player (by now I could memorize the dialogues in Toy Story and Shrek by heart) and really thick sleeping bags. Oh get this, I even packed a mini rice cooker too in case my ‘lil girl refuse to eat anything money could buy there. See, I was fully prepared for anything and everything that may come my way...LOL!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment