Friday, June 12, 2009

Travelling again!

We are travelling again tomorrow! This time to my in-laws’ place in Jengka, Pahang. I dread having to drive again when the fatigue of last week’s travelling still hasn’t weaned off totally. This week has been quite a busy week for me too. I’ve been taking the kids (including little Pea, she enjoys outing at the malls) out almost every day to shopping malls. First it was Ikea/Ikano, then Mid Valley and lastly Sunway Pyramid, all because I was too lazy to cook…hehehe. When I am not in the mood to cook, the result would be a disaster. So I better keep away from the kitchen for the time being.

And today, I did something good for a change. Instead of going out and spend money unnecessarily, I helped the needy, thanks to my neighbor Izza who started this noble effort. With the money a few of us contributed, we bought necessities such as rice, sugar, canned food, detergent, flour, cooking oil and lots more for an orphanage and youth rehabilitation center. I feel good with what I did and I promised myself that I shall do that kind of stuffs more often. A day well spent.

Tomorrow, I am meeting my ex-colleagues for lunch. I have been planning to meet up with them for quite a while but timing was always a factor. School holiday is a perfect time to meet as I don’t have to ferry the kids to school. Then, we will leave for my in laws’ place in the evening, hopefully before the evening rush starts. Oh my, I realized that I have been going out every single day this week. No wonder I am dead tired.

Going back to my in laws place is not exactly a holiday for me as I would be busy in the kitchen the entire time. Being the only daughter in law, it has become my official duty to be the humble cook. Thank God my in laws are not that picky when it comes to food, it’s quite easy to satisfy their palate. I pity my sisters in law as my side of the family is very particular about food. In fact, my two elder brothers are cook themselves.

You know what, I still haven’t finish the two books that I bought last month. I just didn’t have time to read. I dedicate what little time I have to FB. I need it to cure boredom and loneliness. My gym plan also hasn’t materialized. I blame my FB friend for it, she is unconsciously discouraging me by saying that she has to lug and drag herself to the gym every day. Being a good wife, I don’t want to waste my husband’s money if I think I couldn’t do it. That’s a good enough excuse isn’t it?

In the meantime, I am trying to devise a plan so that I don’t have to cook this entire weekend. Perhaps a short trip to a nearby attraction would save the day. My wicked mind is working overtime today.

I say a good daughter in law does not necessarily have to be good in the kitchen. But winning the in laws' heart through good food is definitely a short cut…

2 comments:

  1. Bestnya balik kg just like tht i.e w/o even having to save much.
    Your in-laws are lucky to have DIL yg pandai masak. :-) And your own family too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ala Mid, tak pandai masak pun. So-so je, asalkan boleh makan jer cukup.

    When it comes to balik kampung, even though in my case it's considered sangat dekat (compared to you), I still feel macam tak cukup balik. When you have lotsa kids like me, finding a good time to visit parents is quite a challenge.

    ReplyDelete