Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Way to go Daniel!

He has done it again! Daniel and his teammates made it to the final round and won. They would be representing the state of Selangor in Projek Warga (I forgot the complete title) at the National level at USM Penang in November. I didn’t attend the presentations held at Grand Blue Wave Hotel in Shah Alam last weekend at his request. He said it would be too nervous for him to present in the presence of his parents. So we obliged.

There are 20 students in his team, 8 presenters and 12 researchers. He was the first presenter. He said his teachers were so happy they cried. I hope this is not the first time the school had won something otherwise I could have made a huge mistake sending him there instead of St. John’s. His team worked on “kes pecah rumah” as their case study. There were actually two categories, English and Bahasa Malaysia. He originally wanted to be in the English team but due to overwhelming response from the students he was not selected. He was heartbroken when he was turned down at first but then he decided to join the BM team instead. It amazes me to learn that more students wanted to be in the English team instead of the BM team. I guess in this particular instance, we have come a long way in elevating the standard of English at school. He did make the right move though, the English team didn’t make it to the final.

For a treat, I took him to 1Utama yesterday to savour Chocolate Fondue at Hagen Daaz. Truthfully, I am craving for it more than he did. So it was a 2-in-1 treat, for him and for me. Him for winning, me for giving birth to him...huhuhu. After feeding Sophie, the 3 of us, Daniel, Ariana and yours truly (Kyle couldn't join us as he was in school) made a short trip there just for the Chocolate Fondue. I also bought him a new Adidas Chelsea T as a treat for job well done (to compensate the fact that I actually wanted to have the fondue more).

Before….



After….


The verdict: not as good as what people had been saying and blogging about it (could you believe that I actually did some research about what other people said about it before I actually went for it? I know, I can’t believe it either!). The strawberries were sour, the green apple was also sour, the cake didn’t taste good (even Daniel said that he could tell that it was a cheap cake) and they even put chipsmore cookies too. I mean come on, for RM63++ they should at least make some effort to bake or buy some homemade cookies instead. But the 2 kids had fun dipping in the melted chocolate. The chocolate and the ice cream were yummy though. Nonetheless, this will be my first and my last. The moral of the story is, don’t believe everything you read in the internet!!

Chocolate Fondue asides, I am happy that my son has done his school proud. It is a great achievement indeed. Keep it up my son, momma is so proud of you!

P/s: Daniel, but this doesn’t mean that you could get away with EVERYTHING.

4 comments:

  1. u must be proud of him...congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go momma! Breeding and raising great kids. :-)

    Sour strawberry? Even the one in our "garden" were not sour. Hehe. I am glad we had the opportunity to enjoy strawberry season again, but now time for cherry. Hmmm delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both!

    Mid, what? you plant strawberry in your garden, bestnyar! Our cameron highland's ones are so sour. Got to buy the imported ones baru ok. I love cherry!!!! But it's so so soooo expensive here. Tapi kan Mid, kat m'sia ada durian...lagi best! hehehe....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I have tasted Cameron Highlands strawberries and they were sour. If tht's the first time I tasted strawberry, I surely wouldn't become a big fan of it.
    Ala Zura, tht was the plants we planted in the flowerbox last year in Freising. Only 2-3 plants left out of 10. Tht was the second time they bore fruits. Sedapppp esp if we can leave them to ripen. Hehe.
    Yes, I love cherry too. Sometimes when we see a tree fulled of the fruits I told Zuleikha, if we have a tree like tht I wouldn't come down until I eat every one of them. Haha
    Arghhhh durian and rambutan. I reckon they have sth like tht in the Asian store but I don't fancy sth tht's frozen and has traveled abt 10K km.
    So, I am saving all my droolings till me and fruits season meet again. Hehe.
    Enjoy your durian! (Alas! my mouth is watery just by typing the word durian) ;-)

    ReplyDelete