Thursday, October 8, 2009

19 years later (part3)

I am actually supposed to work on the Harley-Davidson anniversary coffee table book, but I just have to post this entry first...I can’t wait to tell about the recent gathering my hubby & I hosted at home.

Meeting friends, old and new, always bring joy to our hearts. So I jumped at the opportunity to host a gathering I’d like to call Raya get together of KPP friends and Farewell Party for a dear friend Wan Mazwan who is leaving for Bahrain again next week.

I’d like to give credit to Liza Mamat some of the following pictures which I ‘borrowed’ from her FB

The ladies (from my lense - 1 of the 3 photos I took)


The husbands (from my own camera - 1 of the 3 pix I took)


The guest of honour aka mamarazzi with her very canggih gadget


Where was I?


I was so excited preparing food on Wednesday. My so-called amateur cooking skill was put to test preparing food for quite a huge group. It was the first time my hubby and I ever hosted such a big gathering at our new home (well, it’s not exactly new, we’ve lived here for almost 2 years now). We are both extremely happy that it was a success despite the fact that it was kind of ad-hoc as we only decided to have it 2 days before the actual event, thanks to CikZ who brought up the subject on FB.

At this juncture, I would like to thank the FB team again for making this possible. Note to my hubby: Sayang, my hours spent on FB did produce some very good result after all dear.

The first guest to arrive was Liza and her 3 beautiful kids. She brought along a yummy cheesecake which we later used as birthday cake for a few people. I lost count how many times we sang birthday song before we finally cut the cake. Wenky also brought a cake which doubled as birthday cake too.

Guest who was the last to arrive? It befits her title as the guest of honour to reach my place last... Wan brought pasembor which we didn’t have time to eat as we were too busy chatting! The same happened to the delicious sate that Shikin and Rosli brought. Only the guys had time to eat them. We ladies were too busy chatting while menganyam ketupat...hehehe. Our guest of honour also brought along more goodies from Bahrain, chocolates & the much talked about baklava.

Zana sponsored the sirap bandung gembira (i.e. sirap bandung with ice cream soda). Saf came bearing yummy beef rendang; CikZ and Salina came solo, they brought fruit; Linda&Pete came too with raya cookies; Eika (who came in her glittering get-up)&Ashem came to the area much earlier to visit my two neighbors who are also our mutual friends. All in all we have about 8 families + 2 solos with I think close to 20 kids. So imagine the noise we made last nite. It was FUN!! Even my kids had a great time having so many people at our home, including my little Sophie. Everyone was surprised to learn that she's already a year old - she's way too small for her age! She's got momma's gene.

I should’ve taken more pictures but I was too engrossed with entertaining that I forgot to do that. Now I am starting to regret it. I should learn from the master who always takes her very EXPENSIVE and very canggih camera everywhere...

The following conversation may take place somewhere in Bukit Jelutong in a very near future:
W: Sayang, can I have one like that pleaseeeeee?
H: No, it’s too expensive. I know you will not make full use of it.
W: Ok lor, I’ll work harder and get it on my own then...

I say let’s do this again and again and again people... I love you all *hugs and kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment