Thursday, October 15, 2009

Encounter of the third kind

Last night I’ve witnessed something that I’ve never seen or experienced before – an encounter of the third kind...

After Isya’ prayer, I took my 2 little girls downstairs to play at the second living room which sits across the main door of my house. While playing, my 1year old girl suddenly walked hurriedly and sits between my husband and me. She pointed (yes, she POINTED with her index finger) at the door and started crying. Thinking that she was just imagining things, we kept playing with her but she kept looking at the door looking very scared.

We then decided to recite some verses from the Quran – 4 Qul, Fatihah and ayat Kursi and brush it off. We later went to the kitchen. Again, Sophie refused to even take a glimpse at the main door. When she accidently did, she would quickly crawl into my maid’s room, again looking like a scared kitten and crying. She is otherwise happy and playful.

At that point, my hubby quickly performed ablution and prayed. I followed suit and we both recited surah yassin. I did it both in my room and at the living room while my husband continued reciting other prayers in the living room. Alhamdulillah after the yasin recital, things turn to normal.

Honestly, I did not feel anything – I wasn’t scared nor disturbed. I was calm and cool as a cucumber. My only concern was that ‘it’ may continue to disturb my little girl deep into the night.

We did a post mortem after the incident, and we both think that it was because my hubby took the girls out during sundown. Something could have followed them home.

I say the moral of the story is, the next time your mom tells you not to go out during sundown, do listen to her. It’s not just a myth...trust me, I have experienced it first hand. Wallahuwa'lam.

3 comments:

  1. Zura, I am too scared to even read this post beyond a few lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mid, latest update, this morning she pointed at the door again from afar and said 'kakak'. When I took her nearer, she was scared and tried to run away.... But when my hubby dokong dia to the door, she was fine. I don't know what to think....

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhh... During my last few months (make that years) at 32A Jalan Cempaka, I was living with the third and maybe the fourth kind too... Thinking about it, boy.. was I a brave one until the last 3 months when I would sleep over at your abode. Sukar dipercayai tetapi benar.

    ReplyDelete