Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Patient is my virtue

I am so tempted to write about the ongoing spat on the use of the word Allah in The Herald & the Malay bible. I choose to reserve my comments as much as possible. But I just have 1 thing to say. The real issue here is that they’ve translated the word “God” as “Allah”. As a malay-speaking Malay, I am competent enough to point out that they have translated it completely wrong. “God” in bahasa malaysia is “Tuhan” not “Allah”. Allah is an Arabic word, for crying out loud! So they are actually using the word in question in a completely wrong context – i.e. referring their God as Allah in the malay bible. They should use the word “Tuhan” instead. That’s all I am gonna say. I am not taking sides here but merely pointing out the truth. Go ahead and google it for more info.

Ok I lied, just a little bit more comment...I think everyone should know that religion is always a sensitive issue. So, why cuba menangkuk di air keruh? What's exactly going on here? Is this part of some conspiracy by the Americans??? Let's blame it on them, boleh? Hehehe...

For the record, I DO NOT condone any act of violent whatsoever. Islam is a religion of PEACE not violence. I say those arsonists, whoever they may be, should be put away for life!

Ok now back to my boring life, I’ve been keeping myself busy with a writing job that doesn’t seem to end. I’ve started the project in September and they keep coming back with more and more additions till now. I’ve never done so much copywriting for 1 project in my life. I vow not to take any more jobs after this - moi needs to focus on getting a full time job lah pulak (and spend as much time possible with my kids before yours truly becomes ‘halftime’ momma again). But heck, I don’t even have a resume yet! I have a gun without any bullets...help!!! [note to male readers, if anylah: pls. don’t take this in a different context ok]

Next issue, the progress of my deteriorating skin condition. Moi being very kiasu, is trying so many different things now. The latest being habbatussaada oil courtesy of my sister who bought it in Mekah. So far, I’ve taken tomato lycopene supplement, resdung medication (just in case my skin and eyes problems are caused by resdung. I’ve been sneezing a lot too lately especially in the early morning and at night) and Turnaround cream by Clinique (my fav cream). Hopefullyt all these ‘rojak’ treatment won’t make it worse...na'uzubillah.

You know what, during my last visit to New York Skin, they have proposed (yet again! These people are so darn persistent!) to me a package that they claim could guarantee my skin free of pigmentation in 10 months. Wanna know how much is the cost (which has to be paid in advance of course)? Hold your breath...RM15,800!!! I almost fell off my chair when they quoted me the cost. Gila ke apa? Even if I have that kind of money, I wouldn’t be stupid enough to pay for the treatment IN ADVANCE. I wouldn’t know what would happen to me in the next 10 months. I could die tomorrow la weyy. And what if it didn’t work? No refund here people! If not because I have paid for my 10 treatment sessions, I’d have stopped going there. I don’t like being pestered into buying stuff every time I go there. I give them 2 thumbs up for harassing their existing clients to spend more. For that reason, they will lose one soon.

Of late, I can’t stop thinking about handbags. I don’t know why but I only have handbags in my mind. I eat, drink and sleep handbags. I want a new handbag so badly. Some of you may say just go ahead and buy one lar...but it’s not that easy for me. Being a very sensible and rational wife (why do I have to be one again?) I have to think very very veeeery hard indeed before I charge the card. I’ll wait till the time is right. I say patient is my virtue...hehehe iyolah tu.

No comments:

Post a Comment