Monday, January 18, 2010

Resume, oh resume. Where art thou...

As I’ve promised my dear husband, I shall dedicate this week to writing a brand new resume. But the truth is...I’m so darn lazy to start. At this point of time, I’m still trying to find an old copy of my resume. Without it, it’d be almost impossible for me to recall what I’ve done career-wise in the past 14 years in detail. My brain may not be as sharp as it was 10 years ago you know...all thanks to breastfeeding my 4 kids (breastfeeding can make you become forgetful you see...muahaha). Gosh...14 years??!!!

I’ve been dilly dally-ing this task for over a couple of weeks already. I want to go back to work, but the other hand, I’m way wayyy too lazy to start all over again. I think I just need some spanking to get me in the mood again lah. The thought of having to go through the same routine every day, braving the traffic jam, late hours at the office, deadlines, a new & unfamiliar boss...is killing me softly *sigh*.

I’m gonna take my time nonetheless. There is absolutely no need to press the panic button yet. I’m going slow and steady this time. My goal is to secure a high paying job. Alang-alang menyeluk pekasam, biar sampai kepangkal lengan...I’m aiming high this time. I won’t settle for peanut salary anymore. I’ve learned what I needed to learn in the past and I believe I bring with me great value to any organizations(self advertising gittew!! boleh?) Must write a resume...must write a resume *repeating this in my head right now*.

On a totally different subject, while penning this article I’m also browsing some websites (macam interframe-lah gittew) checking out designer handbags leisurely. I’m drooling at some pweeeeeety Guccis. And drooling shall I be until I get that high paying job...must write a resume...must write a resume...

I say it's difficult to get out of your comfort zone once you found your safe haven. It takes more than just a designer handbag to get you going...

No comments:

Post a Comment