Sunday, July 11, 2010

Freedom of speech, at last!

With glokalmama opens to only selected readers I can bitch (although I never was but I aspire to be one, bole ka?) whatever I want without inviting negative comments and hopefully without hurting others’ feeling unnecessarily too. At first, I thought of stop blogging altogether but then on second thought, why should I? This is a free country and this blog is my kingdom of speech.

Life as I see it may be different from how you see it. Each of us has our own subjective interpretation of life and the happenings around us. If we all see it from the same angle, then life won’t be so colourful anymore; it’ll be mundane and monotonous. I have made mistakes in the past – I have admitted them, I have apologized and it’s time for me to move on to the next level. One setback should not stop me from doing what I love best, in this case writing my heart out.

This day in time where transparency is the buzz word, one should not be too transparent (except for the govt of course!). I came to find that strangers are getting too much info about me, my family and my life. When I get comments from people I hardly know about my routine, it starts to worry me about the amount of information I am revealing to the masses. That's another reason why I'm turning Life as I See It into a private blog.

I’ll keep writing in my kingdom for as long as I have the passion to do so. Those that I invited as readers are family and friends that I know will NOT judge me from my writing. Only God knows how much I appreciate your supports. Keep visiting this space for more updates. I love you all muahhhhs!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think this is why most pundits and commentators ignore negative comments and death threats. However, without a multimillion dollar company backing you up, that's a bit tough to do. Plus our culture has taught us not to susahkan orang lain or sakitkan hati. :) Double edged sword eh? I totally understand and support your decision to privatize. Bitch on Glokalmama and let us hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Haniza, I couldn't say it better. Thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks dear for letting me share ur thots. enjoyed reading ur ramblings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kak Min for reading my silly ramblings.

    ReplyDelete