Friday, July 2, 2010

Kisah benar

The following conversation took place less than an hour ago. A mother was trying to convince her young daughter to join Speech&Drama class at her kindergarten. The daughter on the other hand, was trying all her best to avoid having to join the class using a rather interesting excuse...

Momma: Why didn’t you want to join the Drama & Speech class?

Daughter: I don’t like the class. They only play. I want to learn, I don’t like playing!
[A little hard to believe isn’t it? Remember this comes from a 5+ year old girl]

Momma: But that’s how you learn. You learn drama by acting out.

Daughter: I don’t need to act. I have my own imagination. I don’t like pirates or anything, I have my own i-m-a-g-i-n-a-t-i-o-n.
[I can’t believe that my kindy goer kid just told me that she only needs her imagination and attending drama class is such a waste of time]

That’s a day in my life. My kids just know how to counter attack with their big words. And this is not an isolated incident, it happens every day with my other kids too. Where do they learn to reason in such logical manners? It bits me...

I say kids today learn at an accelerated rate. At the age of 6, we were still playing chase and run with boys outdoor, today our daughters are already reading books and wearing bling bling at 6...all thanks to the idiot box.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha...

    last night harris said "maknjang, tomorrow I am NOT FREE from 8 to 4, I have to be in school for PRS"... so, don't make any plans that include him, okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel once told me that he shouldn't walk or cycle to school coz long exposure under the sun can cause skin cancer...hmmmm

    ReplyDelete