Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sendiri mau ingat


I find today’s headline rather amusing and I feel like bitching about it here *evil grin*.

The ulamak says a fatwa or a religious ban is not necessary on Muslims wearing certain football jerseys, i.e. those carrying the images of satan or a cross in their emblems or crests, plus some that bear the logos of alcoholic beverage and betting companies. I laud their statement, way to go Tan Sri Hussaini!

In other words, the Ulamak are saying to the football fans “sendiri mau ingatlah bro”. Don’t tell me you need a fatwa on every single matter on earth. I feel like knocking some people's head really hard. Why do you think Allah gave you an akal for? To sit on it?

Come to think of it, a few years ago I bought MU jerseys for my 2 sons...how naïve I was then. But they have since outgrown it, phewww! Right now my wish is for Chelsea to have some un-Islamic elements on its jersey so that I will have a concrete reason to say NO to my son the next time he ask for a new one. But damn it, it doesn’t...cehhh.

I say be careful with our every action. Like most people say, niat tidak menghalalkan cara. Wallahuwa’lam.

2 comments:

  1. memang lama dah duk meluat tengok orang pakai jerseys yang ada memacam nih! memang tak dak akai. Ada one of my friend tu, kalau nak cakap pasai ugama... kalah orang lain, dia pandai semua, tetiba letak gambaq kat fesbuk, pakai t-shirt tulih Car*****g punya lah besaq. Memang ada akai tapi tak mau pakai. Siap anak beranak lak tu pakai yg sama.. dengan bangganya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sebab tu lah Mr. Hubby walaupun peminat setia Liverpool but never once bought the jersey.

    ReplyDelete