Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Facebook wonders

I say Facebook rules! It is indeed a great tool to keep in touch with friends and to jejak kasih long lost friends. Hats off to the person who came up with this idea. Through Facebook, I've discovered that quite a number of my friends are living abroad some as far as Germany, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Bahrain. Some have also became successful entrepreneurs. I've also engaged in some very interesting thread of discussions, met the most mysterious person on earth who claimed that he knew me during my undergrad studies, discussed movie reviews and what-nots.

I must say that it's quite addictive actually - like a cyber drug of some sort. I can't live without Facebook these days. It's the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I did at night. My husband jokingly said I'm too addicted to FB that he's going to ban me from using it one day. Who knows one day there may be a FB Anonymous for addicts...hahaha. A friend once wrote in her FB status update that she wondered why a lot of people claimed that they were very busy yet still have time for FB, during office hours even. I guess in this instance, friends come first, work second. Plus, FB is far more fun than work, don't you agree?

FB has also become a great way to boast what you have to your friends. I see a lot of friends posted photos of their travelling around the world much to the envy of others, including yours truly of course. Some even use FB as their marketing tool. Two of my old buddies are now in the cake-making business. And mind you, they can make some mean creations. The pretty pictures of their cakes and cupcakes are good enough to make me drool every time. Hey I'm even thinking of ordering a cake from one of them for my hubby's birthday, which is 2 weeks from now.

Oh my God...my husband's birthday is coming very soon!! I haven't thought of what to get him for his birthday yet. One problem though, I don't earn a steady income this year so how am I going to get him a present?? I still haven't got my paycheck from my last editing and writing jobs...sigh. Warning - when you work as a freelancer, people don't exactly pay you on time. So if you are hard up for money, don't try to become one. Oh I know, I could write him a poem...hah. I must get my creative juice to start working on that love poem now... Stay tune for more updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment